Author Topic: Style search  (Read 1640 times)

Phil100956

Style search
« on: August 09, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »
Good morning everyone I am experiencing problem when searching for items I know they are on my usb stick yet the search always returns no item found yet when I go through the usb it is there and plays perfectly.

Offline overover

Re: Style search
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 03:06:10 PM »
Hi Phil,

normally, if you switch on the Genos, connect the USB stick and leave it alone for about an hour, the Genos should have updated the internal search index. (You cannot do this manually.)

The more files are on a USB stick, the longer it takes time to update the search index. Therefore, I do not recommend to have "everything" on the "main" USB stick, but only the really needed files. If someone has e.g. "hundreds of thousands" of Styles on a USB stick, it is no wonder if the internal search function is overwhelmed.

To manage Styles or MIDI files, there is the Windows program "PSR Style Database / PSR Midi Database" by Peter Wierzba. This allows you to easily manage "hundreds of thousands" of Styles / MIDI files on the PC if necessary. In this way you have all the important Style / MIDI file parameters quickly in view, can find file duplicates (and delete if necessary) and much more:
>>> http://www.wierzba.homepage.t-online.de/psd/psdmain.htm

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 04:51:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online Fred Smith

Re: Style search
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 03:22:39 PM »
Good morning everyone I am experiencing problem when searching for items I know they are on my usb stick yet the search always returns no item found yet when I go through the usb it is there and plays perfectly.

You need to let the search index update. Turn on your keyboard, insert your USB, then leave it alone until the index updates (could take up to an hour).

You will know the index has updated when you do a search, and it says "index updated x minutes ago".

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons