Author Topic: Songbook+ Help  (Read 3643 times)

JimRal

Songbook+ Help
« on: August 05, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »
Hi I have a Yamaha sx900 and was wondering if the Songbook+ app would benefit me have looked at the app but not sure how it works can I import the song files from the sx900 or is there a separate site to import songs etc or do you buy a USB with the songs included sorry not up to speed with this technology

Offline Rick D.

Re: Songbook+ Help
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 12:22:28 PM »
Hi Jim,
You would need an iPad and then you have to import your sheet music to Song Book+. This is usually done with PDF's using iTunes, but you can also import them as JPG's. On the Genos, you can program Song Book+ to trigger your Registrations when you select your sheet music or vice versa, when you select a a Registration it will call up the sheet music. I am not sure if this is possible on the SX900, I would imagine it would be though.
What I did is scan all my sheet music to PDF, imported them using iTunes into Song Book+, I have over 1500 songs, and this took quite some time. Another alternative it to find the sheet music free online, already in PDF format.
Here is a link to the Song Book + Manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75jlmruhtvhihsv/UserManual-SongBook%2B_3_3_rev1_EN.pdf?dl=0

Hope this helps,
Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

JimRal

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 01:17:13 PM »
Thanks Rick very helpful have a IPad Air might give it a go thanks.

Jim

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 01:29:18 PM »
Thanks Rick very helpful have a IPad Air might give it a go thanks.

There is a trial version available for free, so you can test it out before you buy it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

JimRal

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »
Thanks Fred have download the app and manual just though there would be a quick way to import songs etc than having to import song 1 by 1 in theory it sound good bring up the sheet music and apply the sx900 registrations with 1 click or be able to use the sx900 installed song book.thanks

Jim

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 11:45:11 PM »
Thanks Fred have download the app and manual just though there would be a quick way to import songs etc than having to import song 1 by 1 in theory it sound good bring up the sheet music and apply the sx900 registrations with 1 click or be able to use the sx900 installed song book.thanks

As Rick said, there is a quick way to import songs: iTunes. I did 1500 in one batch, just like he did.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline wdhorner

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 01:36:14 AM »
Hi Jim,
  I use Songbook+ on an iPad Pro. You can also map a drive from your PC to the iPad Songbook and copy files either way, PC->Songbook or Songbook->PC to load or back up PDF files on Songbook. I use my home wifi to map to Songbook, works great!

Bill
Bill

JimRal

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 09:38:56 AM »
Thanks Bill very useful tip on using Songbook I suppose I though maybe a company had done all the hard work and I could just buy a usb and import the songs I am just old and lazy.