Author Topic: GENOS  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Paula

GENOS
« on: August 04, 2021, 03:26:23 PM »
 :( hI
  I have canceled my Genos order, why cant we get them? I ordered from Sweetwater the first of June they were told they should be here from CHINA the first of July, they called and said there would be a delay and it should be here in August now they called and said maybe in October , Sweet water give me a good deal that is why I bought from them  I realize it is no fault of there's!!! and I don't see many in the U.S if any,
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Toril S

Re: GENOS
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 03:34:44 PM »
Oh no! Sad to hear that, Paula. Hope you kept your Tyros!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline JanCK

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »
My friend who is a Yamaha dealer says that Yamaha has been unable to fulfill his keyboard orders, as well.  He also has a long list of back orders, not only for Genos but other keyboards.  His Yamaha representative first told him that the COVID shut down in Japan was the problem.  But then, as months passed, my friend pressed the representative for more information.  The rep finally explained that in addition to COVID shut down so many months ago,  the manufacturing plant in Japan that made a major micro chip needed for Genos (and many other electronic products) burnt to the ground and there was no other manufacturer of this chip.  Also, a few months ago I read a news article about there being a huge backup at the shipping ports on the U.S. west coast.  The news story was specifically about the port in Long Beach, Calif., and I’m unclear if the slowdown included the rest of the West Coast, but my memory said it did.  Apparently ships are having to wait in the waters outside the ports for weeks before they can be unloaded with products of all kinds.  The problem involved a shortage of longshoremen and long haul truck drivers.  Also, with  the back up, there aren’t enough docks and containers at the ports.

So, it kind of sounds like many U.S. dealers (maybe even all?) are having issues getting Yamaha keyboards in stock.  Many of us on the forum will tell you the Genos is worth the wait.  If you can’t find a Genos from another dealer,  maybe you can get back on the list for the Sweetwater deal.  Patience — it’s a tough and persistent life lesson for many of us!  I feel your pain.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 05:38:17 PM »
Yes Paula Covid has a lot to answer for but as had been said it is worth the wait.

Offline Paula

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 05:57:38 PM »
I canceled when they become more available I will consider one again , I am not paying for something I don't have they say October ? I am not going to wait until October and then be put off again that is crazy and besides who wants to be waiting and then be disappointed again, I am sure they are the best of the best ,by the time they get here there be old or I will be to old to want one
                Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
Hi Paula --

JanCK wrote a pretty good summary of the current business situation. The pandemic has frazzled global business, manufacturing and shipping. The port of Seattle (my corner of the world) is jammed up, too.

It may not help much in the current business situation, but several forum members have purchased Genos (and other arrangers) from Frank at Audio Pro CT in Connecticut: https://audioproct.com/  Some have even visited his store, met Frank, etc., so we know he's legit.  :D

Frank has offered good discounts in the past. He is well-informed about supply and availability. Plus, he plays Genos himself! Well worth a call when you're ready to place and order again.

All the best to ya -- pj

Offline Paula

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 09:55:48 PM »
hI pj
 I have bought several key boards from Frank in the past and yes he was great to do business with
           Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 11:06:06 PM »
Hi Paula --

It may not help much in the current business situation, but several forum members have purchased Genos (and other arrangers) from Frank at Audio Pro CT in Connecticut: https://audioproct.com/  Some have even visited his store, met Frank, etc., so we know he's legit.  :D

Frank has offered good discounts in the past. He is well-informed about supply and availability. Plus, he plays Genos himself! Well worth a call when you're ready to place and order again.

All the best to ya -- pj

Paula, I live about 100 miles from Frank's store he is great as a dealer he's also become a friend.  I would suggest as PJ did get in touch with him.  He may have a Genos for sale.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 11:13:35 PM »
Hi,

Give me a call or email tomorrow, Ive gotten about 6 in the past few months, I have a refurbished in stock, we can discuss
Frank A. Ventresca
https://audioproct.com

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Offline Paula

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 01:46:02 AM »
thanks every one , I will call Frank tomorrow

You Tube
PSR S970

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 12:48:27 PM »
Dear Friends,

the lack of Genos available looks like a "global" situation.

Just to make a few examples here in Italy (major sellers):
Strumenti Musicali: not available
Thoman: 10 weeks
Gear4Music: 3 in stock
Panharmonikon: available

Price raised from about 3900 Euro of a few months ago to nearly 4200 Euro, may be as a consequence of the poor availability.

Ciao,

Angelo

Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 01:15:43 PM »
In Croatia, the situation with Genos is quite good. And the price is good (3 700€) considering the high VAT (25%). They are immediately available in two stores.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 04:33:18 PM »
Back orders are not just with Yamaha keyboards; every kind of business (manufacturing, distribution, the supply-chains, etc) were shut down because of Covid-19.  Now the issue is lack of workers EVERYWHERE.  Every type of business is in a catch-up mode.

Now with Delta... we may see MORE delays.  It's the "new normal"... at least for the next couple of years.

Practicing patience is the order of the day.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 08:32:46 AM »
Its a shortage of sea containers, which prevents shipping from products ....  but also makes it harder for factories to get their resources..

The shortage comes from early Covid days when many of the containers where used for storage of goods on shore that could not be shipped.. 

Prices for container rent where raised five fold or more since the beginning of Covid

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 08:27:04 PM »
Paula, not sure if you're aware, but shortages worldwide due to covid, have left us with *every* Yamaha piano (acoustic, digital, etc) as a preorder for the last 18 months or so. Wait times? Anywhere from 1 week to 13 months. I'm serious.

As already stated above, shortages in factory workers, containers, and even semiconductors (google AKM fire) and you'll understand. It's actually bonkers how covid, compounded with AKM's fire compounded with that Suez Canal blockage for a week (as stated above, reduced available container stock since thousands of shipping containers were tied up for months longer than expected) created the perfect storm of wait times

Genos specifically, the last dozen we sold were all pre-orders; we haven't had available stock on hand since late 2020.

At any given moment, we have some keyboards in stock, but pretty much as soon as one model comes back in stock, another sells out.

Offline pjd

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 11:03:04 PM »
Checked on the AKM situation this morning. The Japanese police and fire authorities forced AKM to shut down the factory for 6 months during investigation. It was the sole AKM factory manufacturing their digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and analog-to-digital converters (ADC). The authorities just recently allowed AKM to begin clean up. The shutdown must have hurt everyone using AKM converters -- Yamaha and many others.

AKM has tried to shift production to other fabrication facilities. The spot market for AKM converters was super competitive and AKM converters are hard to find on the open market.

I didn't know it, but a fire hit a Japanese Renesas factory, too. Yamaha (and others) have used Renesas chips, too, although that particular factory may have been dedicated to auto makers. (Toyota helped Renesas get production started again in June.)

Yikes -- pj

Offline Paula

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 11:33:48 PM »
Hi To all you forum members,
 my Genos is on the UPS truck and will be here tomorrow , bought it from Frank , he is a good dealer, now I will need to learn how to work it, thanks again
       Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 02:11:42 AM »
Hi To all you forum members,
 my Genos is on the UPS truck and will be here tomorrow , bought it from Frank , he is a good dealer, now I will need to learn how to work it, thanks again
       Paula

Paula,

CONGRATS on the purchase of your GENOS!! Have fun!!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Ed B

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 02:55:19 AM »
That's great news Paula...
Best
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Toril S

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2021, 08:22:19 AM »
Congrats Paula! You will love it!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »
Wished we had a " Frank " in Europe to order our Yamis.  :)

Paula, Congratulations with your super Genos  !

I wished my next Yami would be a Genos2 / 61 keys.
Wishful thinking, I guess.
I need 61 keys ... and ... will there ever come a Genos2. I wonder  ???.

In our region a number of Korg PA4X owners are replacing their Korg arranger keyboard by a Yamaha Genos.
It would be interesting to know why.

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:57:47 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 02:17:15 PM »
Hi Paula,
 So pleased your Genos is on the way. It won't take you long to get used to it.

Offline vall47

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 08:50:01 AM »
I live in France and ordered my Genus from Thomann (France) on July 29 and it arrived yesterday, the 10th Aug. The company said to expect to wait at least 2 weeks but it came much sooner than I thought it would. Perhaps they had a spare one in stock

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 05:13:25 AM »
I am in US, ordered a new Genos from Amazon listing on Sat 9/11 and it is delivered (from New York) to me (near San Francisco) on Sat 9/14. I have been hunting for it in the last two months, lucky to run across this Amazon listing quickly.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770