Author Topic: SX900 Music Database  (Read 2161 times)

Offline ChrisH

SX900 Music Database
« on: August 03, 2021, 09:53:00 AM »
Hi Guys

I still have a much older built-in Music Database on my S550 which gives me 600 preset songs .. If I upgrade to the SX900 what does it have in comparison so I can choose a song and the keyboard will load a suitable style, intro and OTS voices  .. Thanks in advance

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: SX900 Music Database
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 10:02:18 AM »
Switch to Registration, it's much more powerful.
Norman.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

The following users thanked this post: ChrisH

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »
All new Yamaha keyboards have the Playlist feature now instead of the Music Finder.
  This is a much better system and allows you to save many more settings. You can also create your own gigging lists and transfer your registrations into these lists. It is also possible to take a Music finder of around 1800 song titles and convert to playlist.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, ChrisH

Offline Patrick

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 11:31:18 AM »
Hi ChrisH, you can load the MFD of the tyros 5 and you'll have around 1900 songs titles (in the play list). but you can have your own play list or severals play lists, as you want; All the best Patrick

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »
Hi Eileen, sorry, we've answeared at the same time; wish you a great day, all the best Patrick
 ;)

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 12:11:27 PM »
Thanks Guys

I have been offered an SX900 for about 2/3rds of the new retail price so it would be great opportunity to upgrade but was worried I wouldn't have the advantage of an MDB but I see a playlist is much neater and better.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »
Go man, go!! Run to buy it, hurry, hurry!!! You will love it.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

vadesriux

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »
If no keys make weird noises and no buttons fail to activate I wouldn't miss the opportunity. The SX900 has been sold-out for months everywhere in the world. Only very recently it became available at Thomann.de / Musicstore.com, but at a high price: 1690 €.

Here in Portugal I have a pre-order two months old already and don't see any chance of any 900 reaching my country any time soon...  :(

The following users thanked this post: sardonyx, ChrisH

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »
Thanks guys ..Picking up tomorrow hopefully .. the guy got tired of it after just a few months so he is asking AUS$1800  (they are $2999 here)   That would be only US$1300 so as long as all the keys work it will be good. He has lost the manual in a move but online ones are available from Yamaha!!  However with PSR Tutorial it's a manual in itself!!

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 04:17:24 AM »
Thanks for all the encouragement people!! I am a proud owner of an SX900 now .. Have to find a new owner for my S550 now

Offline Toril S

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 02:24:59 PM »
Congratulations! I am SO happy for you! Have fun! Nothing like a new keyboard to keep you occupied!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 03:16:37 PM »
Thanks so much .. so far I have managed to drop a Tyros4 MFD into the 900 and it gave me 1200 odd songs so that's a good start!!  Getting there SLOWLY .. but it needs a lot of attention to do things without having to rush back and forth to the online manual on my computer!! Expect the odd question!!!

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »
Oh dear .. here come the questions now!  I went back to the PSR tutorial site and found a Tyros 4 MFD file and copied it onto a USB and low and behold it converted neatly into the SX900 to a playlist  and the files work well but honestly no overly impressive .. anyway I also downloaded the extra Yamaha Playlist from their website but I'm darned if I can get it to work .. I hit Playlisr Button and then navigate to prest>user>usb1> and the Yamaha Playlist> select the main folder and then it comes up with all the category folders so I selected Pop/Rock and as the instructions said push the playlist button again and it lists all the songs in that folder .. However if I touch on a song I get an error saying the file not found or name in inappropriate ????    Any help would be great thanks!!  Also can you also use Fakebooks and make a playlist???

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »
Do you have the bonus playlist on the same USB stick? I think that you have to, but I am no expert at this.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2021, 01:44:41 AM »
I actually used the same USB so it has the Tyros4 MFD folder on it plus the bonus folder (all in the Root USB as they instruct) It loads all the prs files onto the screen but I get the error when I touch a song instead of a green check mark like other playlists.  To be honest so far I haven't been overly impressed with the result from converting the Tyros4 MFD over to a playlist .. Not sure but I feel the SX900 and Tyros 4 don't have very similar styles/voices so the 900 tries to replace them and it sounds really generic and a bit wishy washy ..Intros sound OK but after that most all sound the same.  If I compare them with a midi ..the midi blows the converted file away so at the moment I'm using midis with the right hand turned off to give me a really professional backtrack and on some I even get lyrics!! 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 05:16:28 AM by ChrisH »