Author Topic: Fuzzy sound on ambient piano  (Read 1703 times)

Offline YYMusic

Fuzzy sound on ambient piano
« on: August 03, 2021, 06:40:16 AM »
Hey.
I noticed that when I play the ambient piano on a high volume, it starts making a fuzzy noise type of thing, but on the other pianos it doesn't seem to do this.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Yosef

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Fuzzy sound on ambient piano
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 07:32:13 AM »
Can you made a demo??
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:28:08 AM »
Is it when you play as full two handed piano or when you use it as a lead over an accompaniment? And can you define ‘high volume’.
Mike

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:28:54 AM »
Which keyboard ??
Mike

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »
I was using two hands without ACMP, i haven't tried it with ACMP on. It's the SX900 and my volume was almost at max, and it specifically happened when I press the keys hard.
Yosef

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
Will record tomorrow
Yosef

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 12:24:57 PM »
 You might be overloading the system with almost 100% full volume and hard playing of chords.
But also, one of the issues on the arrangers with some of the altered piano settings is some lack of clarity when chords are played. I have not listened to the ambient piano specifically but have noticed that when people have posted piano voices they have made with what they believe is a 'thicker' piano sound, it might sound OK for typical arranger playing ie single note over accompaniment, but they often get fuzzy if the piano is played as a piano ie two hands, big chords, big bass notes. I have never liked those voices, and have comments may times over the years that that people who like those voices are typically not piano players.
Mike

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 03:13:11 AM »
Here, I recorded myself pressing the keys hard. You can't really hear the scratchiness so much on the recording https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qk6CEDA62SdxrMVZsEyIBkRGrJdZi91z/view?usp=drivesdk
Yosef

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 07:20:39 AM »
I don’t hear anything of note, sounds ok, but it’s a bit short. Think you should record playing a fuller piece with both hands.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 01:56:22 PM »
If you put the keyboard up to full volume and then really hit the keys hard you will hear a slight hissing sound. Turn the volume down to the normal position you wold play and hit the keys hard you will not hear this. Its the ambience of the sound I believe you are hearing but amplified to high.