Author Topic: Sx900  (Read 1453 times)

JimRal

Sx900
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »
I would like to add a 61 note midi keyboard to my Yamaha sx900 as a lower left hand keyboard and move the split point to this keyboard from the sx900 how would I do this if possible.

Offline RobertM

Re: Sx900
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:50:15 AM »
Hello JimRal,
If you do a search for      SX900 Twin set        started by meyrick,  that will give you a start.
Regards,
Robert.

JimRal

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:41:09 AM »
Thanks Robert will give that a try

Offline meyrick

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 04:36:13 PM »
Hi JimRal.  Click back to page 8 to follow Robertm's suggestion. Honestly it is not much help in MHO.
It appears the only way  the SX900 and another midi keyboard can be used as a twin set is just a copy of the SX900 on the lower keyboard. BUT, I have a V-Console unit from Tyros Magic, not cheap but a wonderful piece of kit. When setup as per instructions it puts the split point at F2 on the lower keyboard, although you can set this for your preference. This allows any instrument to played on the remainder of the lower keys. Also, you can add your own choice of voices and, it can be set up on how you strike the keys from very soft to full volume just by striking harder. Great for playing piano and bringing in brass instruments. Look for Tyros Magic on YouTube, or search V-Console on the PC.
meyrick

JimRal

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »
Thanks meyrick it all seems very complicated I thought it would be just connecting via midi cable and a few tweaks to the sx900 and off I go I am a bit long in the tooth for all this tech thanks for your time.

Jim

Offline RobertM

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 08:00:40 PM »
Hi Jim and meyrick,
The post I referred to comes up on page 7 on my tablet but it is still on the forum.  I agree there is not much of help from me, but other members wrote on set-ups at the beginning of the thread.
There is one other way, and that is using "split voices" available from Organaut UK and others, but this does NOT split the keyboard the way you want, and the voices cannot be changed easily, if at all. Also, I think, it might be possible in YEM to create your own split voices but I have not tried it so far.
Robert.

JimRal

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 09:45:44 AM »
Thanks Robert for me that’s not very tech savvy the V- Console by Tyros Magic seem a good solution as it takes all the tech stuff away and easy setup although seems very expensive do you have any experience of V-Console personally thanks

Jim

Offline RobertM

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »
Hi Jim,
No, I don't have any experience with VConsole although I have bought some of the Bee Software products. I've always found John Beesley very prompt and helpful so don't hesitate to contact him. Also I could not justify the cost with my limited playing skills.
I think our needs are a little different in that my reason for adding another keyboard was simply to have a solo lead voice readily available without changing Reg., OTS, or Part Select. My second board is "pointed" to R3 with the SX900's midi setup page, and I might add there are some very nice complimentary R3 voices in the default styles.
Finally, if you are hoping to mimic a spinet organ with the lower keyboard AND PEDALS, you may have difficulty without VConsole as the 900 only has one midi IN socket. Genos and Tyros have two.
Good luck with it,
Robert.

JimRal

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »
Thanks Robert your probably right I only play for fun hard to justify buying V Console thanks for your help.

Jim