Author Topic: Audio styles  (Read 3559 times)

Offline YYMusic

Audio styles
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:10:09 PM »
Hey. I'm getting the SX900 this week and I just found out that Yamaha actually removed the audio styles from it (which was one of the reasons why I chose the 9 series instead of the 7's). Is there a way that I can get the audio styles from the 970 (specifically the Dance category ones like Clubmixdj etc.) Onto the sx900 with the original Audio style quality? And if it is possible, how do you do it.
Thanks!
Yosef

Offline hans1966

Re: Audio styles
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »
Hello YYMusic, In the link below, (Other Downloads) you can download the Genos AudioStylos.
These are compatible with SX900, Obviously you will have to do some OTS adjustments, but the important thing is that the Drum Kits are Audio.

Then load them through YEM, and create your own pack.

Greetings.

Hans

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:30:34 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »
Hi,
Just download Audio Style to USB and you don't need to enter them into the keyboard via YEM.
He can play them directly from USB or transfer them to USER and then use them.

regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck, defonne

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 08:10:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Hans and ckobu.
Just one question, if I load them via USB stick (in order to save Expansion memory), would it play as a normal audio styles file?
Yosef

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 08:16:46 PM »
Also, how would I get the actual style files? The only thing I see in that link are the ppf files.
Yosef

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 08:22:44 PM »
Hi,
Just download Audio Style to USB and you don't need to enter them into the keyboard via YEM.
He can play them directly from USB or transfer them to USER and then use them.

regards, ckobu

It doesn’t work on CVP809  :(

Online ckobu

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
Yes, it plays as a normal file only it is a bit slower to load. This will not create problems in playing.
If you insert them into Expansion Memory as a Pack, Audio Style does not take up the same memory as Waweform. Entering Audio Styles will not reduce the space for your Packages.

Look a little below, they are marked in red.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 08:41:38 PM »
Cool. Thanks so much!
Yosef

Online overover

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 08:41:41 PM »
... Just download Audio Style to USB and you don't need to enter them into the keyboard via YEM.
He can play them directly from USB or transfer them to USER and then use them. ...

The Genos Bonus Audio Styles (linked by Hans above) are not available directly in .aus format but these are .ppf Packs.

So you have two options:
1) Import the Packs into the YEM and then install the desired content on the Genos or SX900.
   or
2) Use the "StyleExtractor" program to extract the Audio Styles (.aus) from the .ppf Pack files, copy them to a USB stick and use the Styles directly from the USB stick.
>>> StyleExtractor_V1005.zip https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44290.0;attach=27363

(Of course you can also use option 1) and finally move the Audio Styles from the Genos/SX900 User drive to a USB stick. (On Genos you can use the USB Storage Mode for this, on SX900 you have to load each Audio Style and then save it to the USB stick.)

@YYMusic
Hi Yosef,

I recommend this third option: Just download "Rikki's Style Collection for SX900 (592 styles)" from this site:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-sx900.html

Besides many normal (MIDI) Styles, you will find Audio Styles (a total of 40) in all categories except Ballad, Ballroom and Pianist. Just copy the desired Styles to a USB Stick.

The DANCE Audio Styles in Rikki's Collection are:
BigRoom.aus
ClubRiddim.aus
HardClub.aus
USClubDance.aus
RetroDiscoHouse.T152.aus

P.S.
The internal Audio Styles of the S970 cannot be copied to an external drive (but only to the internal User drive). The main reason for this is, I think, that with the S970 (just like with the Tyros5) the Audio data of the Audio Styles is stored in a separate "Audio Style Wave Memory".

If I remember correctly, however, I had at least seen the DANCE Audio Styles of the S970 somewhere on the Internet. If I find it again, I'll get in touch here again. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:45:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Arnie, hans1966

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 08:44:48 PM »
Appreciate it Chris!
Is there a reason why I would want to do option 1 or 2? It seems like option 3 is much more simple
Yosef

Online overover

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »
Appreciate it Chris!
Is there a reason why I would want to do option 1 or 2? It seems like option 3 is much more simple

Yes, option 3) is the easiest. If you sometimes want to extract Styles from .ppf or .ppi Pack files, download the StyleExtractor program and use option 2).

Option 1 is the most complex and, as mentioned, not necessary in your case.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online ckobu

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »
Chris is right, Audio Style from Tyros5 must first be entered into YEM but like he said, they can be extracted this way.
https://youtu.be/fKtXrQ1Ar_4
In addition, Audio Style does not sound better than standard rhythms. Audio Styles do not work Fill in properly, they must be activated at the first age if we want to hear them. Audio rhythms cannot be processed in Style Creator as is the case with plain Style. Audio rhythms (still) are not a good choice and do not require time. A small comparison.
https://youtu.be/NDvZDPfCmPU?t=151