Author Topic: System error, cannot save data  (Read 6591 times)

Mur87tada

System error, cannot save data
« on: July 19, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »
Hello my friends, I had this problem with the Yamaha Genos keyboard and I could not fix it, during the installation of the expansion pack the power went off suddenly and when I tried to install the expansion pack again this message appeared, and when I tried to check the device and find the problem, the error appeared in the blue screen, I hope to find a solution  You know, I have tried all the factory reset options, but it didn't work,
I also tried installing an expansion pack that I had already installed and it also didn't work for me

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline johan

Re: System error, cannot save data
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 04:30:50 PM »
Did you already try to reinstall the firmware?
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Mur87tada

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 04:38:16 PM »
Yes I was try to reinstall the firmware, but it not installed and it viewed this Message
((thr Previous firmware version cannot installed

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »
To install new firmware be sure the USB stick is formatted on the keyboard first. Then put the new firmware install file in the ROOT DIRECTORY of the USB stick, and be sure this is the only install file you have on it.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Mur87tada

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 06:15:12 PM »
To install new firmware be sure the USB stick is formatted on the keyboard first. Then put the new firmware install file in the ROOT DIRECTORY of the USB stick, and be sure this is the only install file you have on it.

Yes, I know that, but when the firmware version 2.02 is installed, the message appears (the previous version of the firmware could not be installed)

Mur87tada

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 06:19:27 AM »
I I installed the firmware successfully but still the same problem

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 01:50:08 PM »
I think you will need a word with the boys at Yamaha. When your electric went off did you then turn off the keyboard and remove all USB sticks. When you turned it back on and the screen said Data had not loaded properly were you able to press OK or exit the screen as we would normally do when getting that message.

Offline johan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 02:14:14 PM »
You could give this a last try:
- remove the Genos in YEM
- recreate the n27 file on the Genos
- import the new n27 file in YEM
- make a very basic and small expansion pack, for instance based on one voice of a PPF pack from Yamaha (eventually also CPF) and be sure to create a PPI (or CPI) file, not a CQI (“incremental”)
- try to load the pack on the Genos via USB
If this fails, I am afraid you will indeed need support from Yamaha.

SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Mur87tada

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 02:21:03 PM »
I think you will need a word with the boys at Yamaha. When your electric went off did you then turn off the keyboard and remove all USB sticks. When you turned it back on and the screen said Data had not loaded properly were you able to press OK or exit the screen as we would normally do when getting that message.
Hello EileenL
I sent an email to Yamaha and explained the problem in detail, but they replied that they were unable to diagnose the problem and that they needed to check the keyboard, and they sent me the phone number of a Yamaha service in my country, unfortunately he couldn't fix the problem and he told me that it was probably due to a RAM failure.
 Yes, the touch screen is active, and I can press OK, and then another message appears saying that the keyboard will restart

Mur87tada

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 02:23:27 PM »
- make a very basic and small expansion pack, for instance based on one voice of a PPF pack from Yamaha (eventually also CPF) and be sure to create a PPI (or CPI) file, not a CQI (“incremental”)
Ok, I am going to try and I will tall you.
Thank you so much

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »
What happens on the re-start. It should switch off and then in a few seconds switch on again.

Mur87tada

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 08:45:51 PM »
What happens on the re-start. It should switch off and then in a few seconds switch on again.
It restart normally without any problems

Mur87tada

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »
Hello, I tried that but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
You say that it starts up OK without any problem on restart so this can't be a fault with the keyboard. Have you tried deleting the YEM and then downloading version 2.70 and reloading your packs in again.

Mur87tada

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 09:06:31 PM »
You say that it starts up OK without any problem on restart so this can't be a fault with the keyboard. Have you tried deleting the YEM and then downloading version 2.70 and reloading your packs in again.
Hello, sorry for the delay, I don't know why the email is getting late, I tried to install an expansion pack that I made with expansion manager version 2.6 unfortunately the same problem

Offline Osbermusic

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 05:55:17 AM »
I have the same problem with my sx900, the same thing happened, I cannot install any package, I only know that there is a program that repairer installation .PRG but for the sx600 I cannot find that same file for sx700 or sx900 I hope that Yamaha solves the installation problem of its packages when the power is turned off the installation does not start, an error occurs!
I have seen many users who have the same problem