Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

What a headache YEM is

(1/9) > >>

ugawoga:
HI

Since the latest update i already had a Base CQI file with all packs in and another single one loaded in the family tree linking method.
When i go to add a single pack the CQI is missing and only CPI showed in the drop down bar on computer.
I uninstalled the latest Yem and reinstalled it.
Now it shows up , but i had to start all over making a base file. Success at last after sweating in this torrid time now we are having in 28degrees England.

I have really started to get down and do some sampling with Sample Robot  and started on the Arturia synths.
The only trouble now is the size of the sample.
Yamaha keeps them down, but mine are coming out at roughly 200 Meg a sound.
So with 3 gig ,the most i would get is 15 Sounds without any packs loaded.
.Any suggestions as i could get a load more in the bomb bay underneath the Genos with a 64 gig stick, but somehow i would have to erase every time i get to full capacity on the YEM. and make another family tree. I suppose i could have several trees

How do you all get over this who owns a sampler?? I bet Chokbu has a good answer Lol.

All the Best
John :)

ckobu:
Hello John,

I'm not sure I understood you well. Granted, I figured this out with the heat but it’s not a problem, you just turn on the air conditioner.

Don’t use the latest YEM, it’s slow. Use version 2.7.0. If you have already done everything with 2.8.1, then stay on it because you cannot enter the material in the older version.

And now to hear what exactly the problem is. One sound has 200 mb? OK, all of a sudden you can type 15 such sounds into the keyboard. You want to have multiple installation files on a 64 GB USB stick and then write them to Expansion Memory as needed. You want to have them as a CQI to make enrollment take faster.
Did I understand well what you need?

overover:
Hi John,

You have a maximum of 3GB Expansion Memory available for all Expansion Voices that you want to install at the same time. Of course you could have several Pack Install files on a USB stick. But you then have to reinstall the correct pack whenever you want to use the respective voices. USB sticks can NOT be used as additional expansion wave memory.

A basic "Full Pack Install" file is in the .cpi format (or .ppi if only unprotected packs are involved).

A "Quick Pack Install" file is in the .cqi format (or .pqi if only unprotected packs are involved).

Casper (ckobu) had shown in one of his tutorial videos how to create a "Basic" Pack Install file (.cpi) and, if desired, several "Quick" Pack Install files. Please note, however, that these Quick Pack Install files can only be installed in the order in which they were originally created. See the mentioned video from time position 7:00.
>>> https://youtu.be/xj8Anf4B3sY?t=419

So in some ways it can make sense to work exclusively with (several) "Full Pack Install" files (.cpi / .ppi) instead. The disadvantage here is that the expansion memory is then unfortunately reformatted with EVERY pack installation.

P.S.
Unfortunately, "normal" users do not have access to special compression methods that Yamaha uses for the voice samples in expansion packs. Voices created by the user, on the other hand, can only be realized with uncompressed WAV samples, so these Voices need more space in the expansion memory.

If you use Sample Robot and specify "best" or "good" or "original" quality, the automatically generated / looped / key mapped samples / sf2 files will probably be relatively large.

However, you could achieve a lower storage requirement by ...
- using fewer individual samples, i.e. do not sample each key individually, but use each sample for e.g. three consecutive keys and / or
- using shorter note lengths, loop lengths or, for samples that have not yet been looped at all, use a loop (and implement the sound decay via a corresponding amp envelope).

Quote from the chapter "Ultra Quick Start" in the Sample Robot 6 Pro manual (page 11):

"Please note that the higher the values for Velocity
Layer and the lower the Key-Step the more detailed
the virtual copy gets, but on the other hand it takes
longer to record the instrument and more disk space
and more software sampler performance is required.
So it is wise to choose a compromise between quality
and quantity."

Best regards,
Chris

mikf:

--- Quote from: ckobu link
………it’s not a problem, you just turn on the air conditioner.
[/quote ---Air conditioning. ……. In England???? That must be a feature on the Genos. 😄😄😄
--- End quote ---

ckobu:
Ufff, I didn't think about it. In my area it is an integral part of housing, heating and cooling. You can't live without it.
But I agree as a suggestion for a new Genos, instead of a lower USB stick we need a small fan to cool for the player.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version