Author Topic: Freeze  (Read 1633 times)

katkins

Freeze
« on: July 16, 2021, 06:57:06 PM »
On my sx900 i have 8 registrations in registration memory under favourite sounds, eg. Hammond organ, piano,brass etc. I wish to play any style with these 1-8 reg.sounds, so i press the Freeze button, right 1,2,3 fine left only plays organ sound on all 8 registrations, what have done wrong. ?

Offline johan

Re: Freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 08:16:10 PM »
As far as I know, the left voice goes together with the style so the style freeze makes the left voice unchanged.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »
On my sx900 i have 8 registrations in registration memory under favourite sounds, eg. Hammond organ, piano,brass etc. I wish to play any style with these 1-8 reg.sounds, so i press the Freeze button, right 1,2,3 fine left only plays organ sound on all 8 registrations, what have done wrong. ?

Hi katkins,

Yes, as mentioned by Johann, the Left voice belongs to the Freeze groop "Style". This means that after switching on the Freeze function (if "Style" is checked in the Freeze settings), both the current Style and the Left voice are freezed (and can therefore no longer be changed by Registrations).

In the present case, however, I would NOT work with the FREEZE function at all, but create such "Favorite Sounds" as so-called "Voice Registrations" so that they do not change the Style at all. This is how it works:

1) If only the Right 1, 2, 3 voices are to be changed by the Registrations (the current Style and Left voice are not affected):

- Set the Right 1, 2, 3 voices as desired or load an existing Registration (button 1 - 8⁣).

- Make sure that after pressing the Memory button only the two checkmarks for "Voice" and "Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio" (!) are set and press the Registration button on which these voice settings are to be memorized.

- Repeat these steps for the other Registration buttons.

- Save the registration BANK again.

2) If the Right 1, 2, 3 voices and the Left voice are to be changed by the Registrations (the current Style is not affected):

Create a Dummy Style:
- Load any Preset Style and save it under a "conspicuous" name (e.g. "_DUMMY") in the User drive.

- Set the Right 1, 2, 3 voices and the Left voice as desired or load an existing Registration (button 1 - 8⁣) that contains these settings (including the Left Voice).

- Load the Dummy Style from the User drive so that the name (in this example "_DUMMY") is shown in the display.

- Make sure that after pressing the Memory button the checkmarks for "Voice" and "Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio" (!) and "Style" (!) are set and press the Registration button on which these voice settings (Right 1, 2, 3 and Left) should be memorized.

- Repeat these steps for the other Registration buttons.

- Save the Registration BANK (again).

- If desired, create further Registration BANKS in the same way.

- Important: Delete the Dummy Style from the User drive now. The Voice Registrations created with this trick can no longer find the actually linked Dummy Style and will only change the Right 1, 2, 3 and Left voice, but not the currently loaded Style. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:47:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, bhergar56

katkins

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 05:55:44 PM »
Thanks for that overover. I'll sit at my sx900 with your  instructions at hand. Cheers 👍