Author Topic: Foot pedal FC7  (Read 1694 times)

Offline faddario

Foot pedal FC7
« on: July 10, 2021, 12:22:51 AM »
I have plugged in my foot pedal into #1. I have selected Volume for that pedal on the assignable scree. I am getting NOTHING. Can anyone help? BTW I have a footswitch in pedal 2 which I use to turn harmony an and off. Works fine.

Thanks

Online Fred Smith

Re: Foot pedal FC7
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 01:32:21 AM »
I have plugged in my foot pedal into #1. I have selected Volume for that pedal on the assignable scree. I am getting NOTHING. Can anyone help? BTW I have a footswitch in pedal 2 which I use to turn harmony an and off. Works fine.

Do you get no sound, or there's sound but the pedal doesn't change the level?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline vanzee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 08:36:54 AM »
In assignable did you also selected the items that must sound, at the bottom of the screen?
(left, right1, right2,..........)
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

Offline faddario

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 12:45:12 PM »
I get sound but the pedal does not change the volume. Also , I have selected MIC at the bottom of the screen. Mic is the volume that I want the pedal to control.

Thanks

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 06:56:36 PM »
I get sound but the pedal does not change the volume. Also , I have selected MIC at the bottom of the screen. Mic is the volume that I want the pedal to control.

I suggest you test it out by controlling some other volume. That will confirm whether the pedal is working.

Cheers,
Fre
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 10:46:20 PM »
Hi Faddario,

I recommend doing the following:

- Connect the FC7 pedal to the switched off S770 and then switch on the keyboard.

- Press the [Direct Access] button and then move the pedal a little up down. If the "Controller > Tab Foot Pedal" display opens, the pedal is working properly. Press the [Exit] button to close this display again.

- Now press [Direct Access] > [Memory] to open the "Registration Sequence" display. Most likely you have this function turned on and pedal #1 is assigned to the function "Regist + Pedal". This is probably the main error in your case.

Note: When the "Registration Sequence" function is on, the pedal settings defined here overwrite the functions defined in the Foot Pedal display. So switch the parameter "Regist Seq. Enable" to OFF and then close this display with [Exit].

- Press [Direct Access] again and move the FC7 pedal slightly to bring up the "Controller > Tab Foot Pedal" display again. The focus should already be on "Pedal 1" (first line), where the FC7 is connected.

- Make sure that the "VOLUME" function is set. With the switches 2 - 7 (up/down) you determine which parts the volume pedal should control. I recommend only activating the RIGHT 1/2 parts here. Press [Exit] to close this display and save the settings in System Setup.

- Note: The pedal settings could accidentally be changed again if a Registration is called up in which other pedal settings are also saved. I recommend saving the pedal settings you have just made in at least one (new) registration so that the settings can be quickly restored.

- To ensure that the current pedal settings are not accidentally changed by Registrations, you can use the FREEZE function if necessary:

Press [Direct Access] > [Freeze] to enter the FREEZE settings. Here you make sure that a tick is only set for "PEDAL" and press [Exit] to close the display and save the settings. If necessary, switch ON the FREEZE button (LED lights up) to lock the current pedal settings.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline faddario

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
Thank you!