Author Topic: cannot connect psr s 975 to ipad  (Read 2120 times)

chitarrone

cannot connect psr s 975 to ipad
« on: July 13, 2021, 11:03:07 PM »
hello to everyone,
today i cannot connect the ipad to the psr s975( would like to use it as master keyboard with korg module etc)
the last time i connected the ipad to the psr it all went good but now i cannot hear any sound and any of my ipad application detects the psr as midi input)
i tried with alesis q88 and irig mini and they sound ok   and detected
i have ios 14.6 on the ipad
can you  help me?
thanks in advance

Offline overover

Re: cannot connect psr s 975 to ipad
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »
Hi chitarrone,

Which cables / adapters or which external MIDI interface do you use to connect the PSR-S975 to the iPad?

Or maybe you are using a wireless MIDI adapter?

Which MIDI template (e.g. "All Parts") is actually activated in "Function > Menu 1 > MIDI" on the S975?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 12:03:25 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

chitarrone

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 09:47:58 AM »
hello,
thanks for your answer Overover!
i'm using a camera connection kit,that worked perfectly the last time (i don't remember when,though) ; in the midi function i tried "master keyboard" and "all parts" without any positive result
thanks again
have a great day

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 12:10:35 PM »
Hi chitarrone,

please make sure the following things:

Make sure to use a USB type "AB" cable (USB 2.0 certified), connected to the USB-to-Host terminal of the S975.

Make sure to use the MIDI templates in the "PRESET" tab. (In the "USER" tab, changed templates may be saved, but with the same name as the preset templates.)

If "All Parts" is activated, the keyboard parts are transmitted on the following MIDI channels:
Right1: Port1 Ch1
Right2: Port1 Ch2
Left: Port1 Ch4
Important:
At least one keyboard part must be switched on via PART ON / OFF, preferably Right 1. In addition, the Part Volume in the Balance display or in the Mixing Console should not be set too low.

If "KBD & STYLE" is activated, the area above the left split point (right hand) is treated as an "Upper" part and the left area as a "Lower" part. These two "special" parts are transmitted as follows:
Upper: Port1 Ch1
Lower: Port1 Ch2
Note:
The keyboard data is sent here even if all keyboard parts are switched off. In addition, no Program Changes are sent to external MIDI devices when Voices on the internal keyboard parts are switched.

"Master KBD" works in the same way as "KBD & STYLE", except that the Multi Pad and Style parts are not sent externally via MIDI.

Of course, it is also important that the app used on the iPad can receive on the channels transmitted by the keyboard (at least on Ch1).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 12:11:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

chitarrone

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
thanks but it doen't work,
it works only once( strange but true) ;the funny thinhs is that i can't connect my irig mini to my ipad,and it worked until yesterday or something...it works for a little annd then nothing..tried various usb cable..
thanks anyway!!!