Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Style volume control with foot pedal

(1/3) > >>

sunny:
Friends,

I want to control style volume with foot pedal FC7. Is there any way either with an external MIDI device ?

Thanks,
Sunny

travlin-easy:
Yes, this can be done with the FC7. Just a matter of selecting which parameter(s) you wish to control. Use the direct access button while pressing down on the pedal, then determine which parts you want to control and which you want to freeze.

Gary  8)

mikf:
What do you mean “with an external midi device”?? The FC7 doesn’t connect via midi.
Mike

overover:
Hi Sunny,

With the FC7 it works as described by Gary: To only control the Style volume, remove all ticks except for "Style" in the Foot Pedal setting display (for the pedal set to "VOLUME").

By the way, I work a little differently here: I set the STYLE volume via Registrations and just use the Master Volume dial if necessary. The FC7 basically only affects the RIGHT parts for me.

P.S.
It is NOT possible to connect two FC7 pedals at the same time, e.g. one pedal for the STYLE volume and the other pedal for the RIGHT volume. (Due to restrictions in the operating system, both pedals would always have identical settings).

P.P.S.
It would be possible to control the overall Style volume via an external MIDI device. However, this is relatively complicated: You would have to send the corresponding MIDI "Expression" commands (CC #11) to all 8 Style channels at the same time: Receive Port2 (= MIDI B IN), Channels 9 - 16).

Best regards,
Chris

sunny:

--- Quote from: overover on July 11, 2021, 08:24:01 PM ---Hi Sunny,

With the FC7 it works as described by Gary: To only control the Style volume, remove all ticks except for "Style" in the Foot Pedal setting display (for the pedal set to "VOLUME").

By the way, I work a little differently here: I set the STYLE volume via Registrations and just use the Master Volume dial if necessary. The FC7 basically only affects the RIGHT parts for me.

P.S.
It is NOT possible to connect two FC7 pedals at the same time, e.g. one pedal for the STYLE volume and the other pedal for the RIGHT volume. (Due to restrictions in the operating system, both pedals would always have identical settings).

P.P.S.
It would be possible to control the overall Style volume via an external MIDI device. However, this is relatively complicated: You would have to send the corresponding MIDI "Expression" commands (CC #11) to all 8 Style channels at the same time: Receive Port2 (= MIDI B IN), Channels 9 - 16).

Best regards,
Chris

--- End quote ---

Hi Chris,
As you said, two volume pedals cannot be used at a time, because one side, i am already using FC7 pedal to control Right Hand voices and now in this situation, it is not possible to control style volume with another pedal.  Hope Yamaha will address this mirroring problem in their next model.

Can you please suggest any low cost external MIDI device, to control style volume with a pedal ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version