Author Topic: CVP809: How to play along with the factory demo song?  (Read 3983 times)

CVP809: How to play along with the factory demo song?
« on: July 09, 2021, 08:49:47 PM »
Hi everyone. I love the factory demo song of my CVP809 and I want to play along with it but I don't know how to do that. I think I need to mute some parts of the demo song (maybe the piano part) but I like I said before I don’t know how to do that. Thank you in advance for the help

Offline mikf

Re: CVP809: How to play along with the factory demo song?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 04:53:07 AM »
I am not quite sure what you mean by “the factory demo”  because typically there are a lot of demos loaded in the CVP.  If you touch the song part on the right of the start up screen it will open up a menu with all the demos you can scroll under “let’s play”.. If you hit title you will see them all alphabetically. Select one and press play to play it. If you want to play along you can but if you want to silence the midi piano part, press “close” and you will see menu on the bottom right. Touch this then select mixer, then at the top select song. This will open all the midi parts. Usually channel one is the main piano part. Moving the slider to zero will silence this part and then  close this screen by hitting the home button on the right side of the display. Touch the song on right and you are ready to play along with it. If you want to see the score and follow it press the Home Screen button again and select score at the bottom.
Hope this helps.
Us older people usually are concerned to touch anything if we are not sure what to do, but modern software is not like that. Play around with these menus, sub menus and screens to learn your way about the keyboard, you can’t do any harm.
Mike

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 01:59:52 PM »
I am not quite sure what you mean by “the factory demo”  because typically there are a lot of demos loaded in the CVP.  If you touch the song part on the right of the start up screen it will open up a menu with all the demos you can scroll under “let’s play”.. If you hit title you will see them all alphabetically. Select one and press play to play it. If you want to play along you can but if you want to silence the midi piano part, press “close” and you will see menu on the bottom right. Touch this then select mixer, then at the top select song. This will open all the midi parts. Usually channel one is the main piano part. Moving the slider to zero will silence this part and then  close this screen by hitting the home button on the right side of the display. Touch the song on right and you are ready to play along with it. If you want to see the score and follow it press the Home Screen button again and select score at the bottom.
Hope this helps.
Us older people usually are concerned to touch anything if we are not sure what to do, but modern software is not like that. Play around with these menus, sub menus and screens to learn your way about the keyboard, you can’t do any harm.
Mike

Hi Mike, I mean the song that sounds when you press the demo button.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 02:01:36 PM »
Here is a link to the demo song https://youtu.be/lWE538nA1Sc

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »
Rodrigo
Ha ha - now I understand. I was way off on the wrong track. I don’t think I have pressed that button in all the years since I got this CVP delivered and had completely forgotten about it’s existence.
 I pressed it today and heard the music you are talking about but don’t think you can do anything with the keyboard while that demo is activated. Maybe Yamaha has that music as a midi file they could send you. You could ask them directly by sending a message to their tech support.
Mike

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »
Rodrigo
Ha ha - now I understand. I was way off on the wrong track. I don’t think I have pressed that button in all the years since I got this CVP delivered and had completely forgotten about it’s existence.
 I pressed it today and heard the music you are talking about but don’t think you can do anything with the keyboard while that demo is activated. Maybe Yamaha has that music as a midi file they could send you. You could ask them directly by sending a message to their tech support.
Mike

Yamaha saids that they can’t send me the midi files of the demo songs  :(

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 11:06:09 PM »
Too bad

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 08:39:26 PM »
Hello everyone. I still want to do a piano cover of this song. Please help me!  :)

Offline d00d

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 07:27:31 PM »
one approach would be to use a free, online audio-to-midi converter such as basic pitch from spotify to create a midi file (lots of other options also exist, your web browser search is your best friend). you could then drop that midi file on a flash drive and sneaker net it over to your 809. if you wanted to tweak it further, you could grab a free copy of musescore to edit the midi

yamaha of course has smart pianist app, but I personally find some of the newer algorithms and online options to be more useful
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 10:09:13 PM by d00d »
(hack (codify (seek [PROMPT]))

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 10:46:55 PM »
one approach would be to use a free, online audio-to-midi converter such as basic pitch from spotify to create a midi file (lots of other options also exist, your web browser search is your best friend). you could then drop that midi file on a flash drive and sneaker net it over to your 809. if you wanted to tweak it further, you could grab a free copy of musescore to edit the midi

yamaha of course has smart pianist app, but I personally find some of the newer algorithms and online options to be more useful

Thank you but the song has more instruments than piano so I think this option won’t work  :(

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 11:35:13 PM »
Thank you but the song has more instruments than piano so I think this option won’t work  :(

Why not just play along with the song? Why do you need to mute any voices?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 04:08:21 AM »
Why not just play along with the song? Why do you need to mute any voices?

Cheers,
Fred

Hello, I want to mute the piano part to play this part

Offline d00d

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 04:20:56 AM »

lots of free options online to split song into stems (instrument parts) -- search for "extract stems online free", then take the parts you'd like to play along with and convert to midi/map to 809 instruments or play along with audio (audacity is a free option for editing/combining audio stems)
(hack (codify (seek [PROMPT]))

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 04:42:23 AM »

Hello, I want to mute the piano part to play this part

You won't find any way to do this with an audio file. Midi file, yes, but not an audio file.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons