Author Topic: P a t function on clavinova  (Read 2059 times)

Offline raywil77

P a t function on clavinova
« on: July 09, 2021, 08:22:02 PM »
Hi everyone does anyone know what the styles are  called that you can use with the p.a.t.function, ithink they have to have embedded chords in them but I don't know what they call that particular style.

Offline mikf

Re: P a t function on clavinova
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
You cannot use pat with a style. Only some midi songs with embedded chord data will work. Look at the CVP reference manual page 83. It tells you how to identify midi songs that will work.
There are a bunch of factory loaded midis on the CVP, they should all work. And so should any you make yourself using auto accompaniment.
The instructions for using pat are not that clear, so in case you have not used it before, select midi then from the Home Screen select menu and scroll right till you see song setting. Touch play then turn performance assistant to on. Press play button on the keyboard and it should work. The setting dies not stay on though, so you need to do that on each midi if you want to use pat.
BTW!, before anyone gets the wrong idea about what this does, I think the only use for this is when your very young grandkids come around and they want to bang away on the keyboard. This lets them think they are playing. Other than that I see no constructive use for this feature! The CVP is a serious musical instrument, and why Yamaha thought their technical resources should spend time developing this feature is beyond me.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: raywil77