Author Topic: Psr S-770 not responding to MusicSoft manager app  (Read 2516 times)

Psr S-770 not responding to MusicSoft manager app
« on: July 09, 2021, 01:06:17 AM »
I just ordered a cable that connects my IPhone to the keyboard and it was an android cable accidentally but I did have an adapter that enables it to fit the iPhone port. Ok every time I touch instrument it searches then says no instrument found. I’m curious is the psr s keyboards even compatible with the app or only psr e and ypg DgX etc. any advice or information I would appreciate.😎

Offline overover

Re: Psr S-770 not responding to MusicSoft manager app
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:31:21 AM »
Hi Keyboard Master,

The iOS app "MusicSoft Manager" is definitely compatible with the PSR-S770. You may have connected the iPhone to the USB-to-DEVICE socket on the S770 (where you usually connect the USB stick). This doesn't work, you definitely have to use the USB-to-HOST socket.

You didn't mention what type of port your iPhone has. If it has a Lightning port, do the following:

- On the S770 press "Function > Menu 1 > MIDI" and make sure that the preset MIDI template "All Parts" is activated. Then press the "Exit" button.

- Connect the USB B plug of a standard "USB type AB" cable (also called "Printer Cable") to the USB-to-HOST socket of the S770.

- Connect the USB A plug of this cable to an Apple "Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter". (A simple "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" also works. However, then the iPhone cannot be charged at the same time using the power adapter.)

- You connect the Lightning plug of the Apple Camera Adapter to the iPhone.

- Finished. Now the MusicSoft Manager app should be able to find the connected keyboard, in your case the S770. :)

P.S.
You can find pictures of the adapters and cables mentioned here in this thread:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57828.msg448663.html#msg448663

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:34:57 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 03:23:16 AM »
Ok I’ll try it and yes I did connect it to usb to host then directly to the iPhone

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »
I tried it with the cable I had and nothing worked I’m curious is it only a certain cable or any cable that fits

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »
I tried it with the cable I had and nothing worked I’m curious is it only a certain cable or any cable that fits

Hi Keyboard Master,

please answer the following questions:

1) Which iPhone model and which iOS version are you using? Does the iPhone have a Lightning port as I described?

2) Which cables / adapters do you currently use to connect the S770 to the iPhone?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 10:27:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:12:23 PM »
I have iPhone XS and iOS 14.2 and the cable I have connected is usb to host to type C with a small adapter to connect to lightning port on the iPhone the cable would connect to an android phone without the adapter but the small adapter let’s me connect it to my iPhone. I’m just curious why it’s not working for me all connections are made. Is the cable I’m using not compatible or do I need to buy another type.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 10:30:11 PM »
And I even tried a psr e373 same results it says searching for instruments and then it says no instruments found.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 11:04:39 PM »
Thanks for the detailed answer!

Lightning connectors normally contain an Apple certified chip. Your adapter (USB-C to Lightning) may not be fully compatible with the Apple Lightning protocol (maybe only for charging the iPhone, but not for data transfer).

As said before, I recommend to use a standard USB type AB cable (USB 2.0 certified) and an original Apple "Lightinig to USB3 Camera Adapter". This way, as mentioned, you can also connect the power adapter of the iPhone at the same time.

If you want to continue to use the USB-B to USB-C cable that is obviously currently in use (connected to the USB-to-Host port of the S770), you have to make sure that the USB-C to Lightning adapter used is definitely suitable for data transmission (MIDI-over- USB).

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 12:18:00 AM »
Oh ok that might be one thing is the tiny adapter that I am using may not be compatible with what I’m trying to do.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 01:51:12 AM »
And there was a cable that was already usb to host to lightning. The one I got was originally for android phones and I used the tiny adapter as mentioned. I guess if I got the other cable instead it might have worked IMO.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 04:16:24 AM »
One more update I read that it can transmit data too

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 07:05:17 AM »
Oh! I did try it for charging my phone it worked for that purpose. But as you mentioned about the “chip” the cable I am using may not have it built in maybe that’s why the keyboard didn’t respond. IMO.