Author Topic: Genos Registrations Strange behaviour  (Read 3092 times)

Offline sunny

Genos Registrations Strange behaviour
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
Friends,

I stored some of my favorite  voices such as Strings, flute, flugel horn and Suprano SAX. I stored strings in Reg button 1 Flugal horn in Reg 9 and Sprano Sax in Reg 10. I use FC7 Volume pedal to change volume.

When i change Strings voice Reg 1 to  Flugel Horn Reg 9 or Reg 10, suddenly the voices are breaking with loud noise. I am attaching the Registration File. Please help me how to avoid this problem. Is it not possible to get smooth transition while changing Registrations on Genos ?

Thanks,
Sunny

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Online ckobu

Re: Genos Registrations Strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
Hi Sunny,

the problem you describe is not directly related to registrations. This is a problem related to the change of sound on the same part, the so-called seamless sound switching. Switching from one sound to another can sometimes be rough and sharp, and it mostly depends on the type and amount of DSP effect found on the sound you are changing. This can be avoided, and I talked more about that in this video.

https://youtu.be/O5iUjXMDuhc?t=205
english subtitles

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »
I stored some of my favorite  voices such as Strings, flute, flugel horn and Suprano SAX. I stored strings in Reg button 1 Flugal horn in Reg 9 and Sprano Sax in Reg 10. I use FC7 Volume pedal to change volume.

When i change Strings voice Reg 1 to  Flugel Horn Reg 9 or Reg 10, suddenly the voices are breaking with loud noise. I am attaching the Registration File. Please help me how to avoid this problem. Is it not possible to get smooth transition while changing Registrations on Genos ?

This issue has been dealt with many (many) times before.

The problem is insertion effects set for a voice can carry on after a voice change. The solutions are:

1. Take your hands off the keyboard when changing voices
2. Take your hands off the keyboard when changing voices
3. Don't use insertion effects
4. Use the same insertion effects for all voices
5. Put your voices in different slots (ie, Flugel Horn in Right1, Sax in Right2, etc.)

The problem is caused by an insufficient number of midi channels. Hopefully Genos 2 will solve this problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 02:14:59 PM »
Fred, suggestions 1 and 2 are the same :). Perhaps that's on purpose?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »
Fred, suggestions 1 and 2 are the same :). Perhaps that's on purpose?

Perhaps it is. That's because it's the most important thing to do.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 12:59:06 PM »
Perhaps it is. That's because it's the most important thing to do.
Cheers,
Fred
Good one, Fred. I don't recall having this issue on my Tyros 5, unless by chance I always had my hands off the keys during the voice changes. Was this problem noted on the Tyros 5 as well?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »
Good one, Fred. I don't recall having this issue on my Tyros 5, unless by chance I always had my hands off the keys during the voice changes. Was this problem noted on the Tyros 5 as well?

It’s been an issue in every Yamaha keyboard that has DSPs, including the T5.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
Good to know, Fred. Thanks...

On a different note (no pun intended), I finally updated my OS to the newest version. I had the original 1.3 and now have 2.02. It went very smooth. Now I just need to explore all the new toys Yamaha has provided. I'm still loving this keyboard, as are my fellow players and audiences, albeit very thin these days due to this Covid nonsense! Stay well...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 01:34:59 PM by Lee Batchelor »