Author Topic: Editing midi- on instrument or on computer?  (Read 2648 times)

AlatheaSquared

Editing midi- on instrument or on computer?
« on: July 06, 2021, 01:46:26 PM »
Greetings, all, thank you for the add. I have a question about the midi files and the DGX670. Can I edit the instrumentation of them? I've perused the library that you have here of PSR-based midis and, while I know that on my computer they will sound like 'midi' can they be edited on the keyboard for whatever voice you might want to change a particular part to? If there is a link/links for this, I'm happy to go hunt on my own, but I figured it start here.

Ive also noted that the dgx670 isn't listed in some places on Yamaha's site- is that normal for a relatively new piano model, and can I assume that DGX660 content is compatible with mine?

Thank you all- I've loved what I have read in here so far and I have found some useful tips and information already just in the last 2 days. Much appreciated!

CAS

Offline PSRPETE

Re: Editing midi- on instrument or on computer?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 05:05:25 AM »
I wonder the same.  I’ve got a DGX-670 and the manual says it’s possible to do, but so far I haven’t seen where it explains how to do so.  Thx for any help.
Pete
Pete

Gear:  🎹:  Yamaha DGX-670W, PSR 8000, PSR 730, PSR 530; Arturia Keylab Essential 88; Casio MZX500, WK 500; Technics SX KN6500. DAW’s:  GarageBand, Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Gibson Epiphone 🎸 &  an alto 🎷.

Offline karstegg

Re: Editing midi- on instrument or on computer?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 08:38:19 AM »
Hi there,
The reference manual contains a section on creating/editing songs (midifiles) on page 52-57

Regards
Greg

The following users thanked this post: PSRPETE

Offline karstegg