Author Topic: Operating system update  (Read 1350 times)

Operating system update
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

I’m finally going to take the plunge and update my Genos OS from 1.30 to 2.02! I know there are boatloads of posts on the ways to do this but I’d rather save all that reading, and point out my method to see if anyone has anything to add or tell me if I’m doing something terrible.

I started the Genos as a USB device and saved all the folders to my PC, where I can eventually move them to a thumb drive for restoration. The System folder was empty and I don’t know why.

Here’s what I have as backups. Am I missing any pre-steps before taking the plunge? Many thanks...Lee

Edit
I don't have a USB device plugged into the bottom of the Genos. All my work is saved to the User SSD drive.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 07:50:31 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ckobu

Re: Operating system update
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 10:37:15 PM »
Hi Lee,
Updating Genos to 2.02 should not delete anything except System settings but you should always make a backup copy of everything you have on your keyboard.
In addition to the data you have already put on your computer, you need a few more steps.

Back up for MIDI settings and for the USER effect. This is shown in the video from 01:32.
You don't need System Backup because you can't use it in version 2.0.2.
You will have to enter the settings for System manually, and I described this in the video from 04:54

https://youtu.be/W0GhgoXf3gk?t=294
Watch my video channel

Re: Operating system update
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 11:10:24 PM »
Great, thanks ckobu :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.