Author Topic: Issue loading packs  (Read 2492 times)

Offline karl28

Issue loading packs
« on: June 28, 2021, 03:47:36 PM »
Hi,

Has anybody had this message before?
“ cannot execute quick installation. install with a full installer”.
I’ve tried loading a new pack which I saved by using the quick file. I’ve used this method before without any issues. I tried ringing Yamaha & they weren’t sure why it was happening and suggested just doing what it says and save as a full pack.
My main issue of doing this is a lot of my packs are from ttt and some of the theatre voices end up having to be edited on the Genos as they become touch sensitive. This is very time consuming hence why I don’t want to have to load them in again from scratch…

Thanks,

Karl.

Offline ckobu

Re: Issue loading packs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »
Hi Karl,
maybe not the correct CQI/PQI schedule.
The Pack must be created in YEM and then installed in the same order.
Watch my video channel

Offline karl28

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
Hi,
The pack was created in yem and the green tick was added as well as the other ones that were already ticked if that makes sense. The only difference, was the new pack added.

Thanks,

Karl

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 05:44:25 PM »
If the same order as the Pack was created in YEM is not followed, the CQI cannot be installed.
Watch the video from this part
(English subtitles)

https://youtu.be/xj8Anf4B3sY?t=438
Watch my video channel

Offline karl28

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 10:29:04 PM »
I don't think I've done anything different. The packs that were already installed were ticked& all I did was ticked the new one. Maybe I'll just have to leave it as it is...

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 10:44:15 PM »
The problem is easy to solve, create a new Pack with all the data and create a CPI / PPI file to install. If in such a Pack the ttt voices are in the same places and with the same name, you will not have to process them again in Genos. All voices stored by User Voice will “find” their “base” in Expansion Memory.

Just in case, it would be good to Backup the entire User Memory.
https://youtu.be/W0GhgoXf3gk?t=63
Watch my video channel

Offline karl28

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 11:32:50 PM »
Do you mean create a pack from all the other peaks? I've spoken to Reg (ttt) today regarding how yem makes all of his samples touch sensitive which is no good for organ sounds, and the same happens for him too. That's the main problem.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 12:55:18 AM »
Yes, I mean the complete installation of all the Packs you now have in the Keyboard. If you haven’t changed the Packs and contents in YEM in the meantime, there should be no problem. It is essential that each Pack is in the same location (LSB) as before. You can easily check this in YEM, see Figure 1 and 2. On the keyboard, these are the numbers as in Figure 3. If there is no problem here, you can reinstall the entire contents of all Packs. After that USER Voice will work properly, even those processed sounds from the ttt package.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline karl28

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 08:13:23 AM »
Thank you. I'll check this out :-)

Offline ckobu

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 08:23:03 AM »
Be sure to make a Backup of USER memories and while you still have the Packs on your keyboard, it would be good to take pictures of the sound positions.
To display MSB / LSB and PRG turn on in the Voice Number > Show.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline karl28

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Thank you. Ill make sure I do that.