Author Topic: I suppose they can’t ship it unfolded! Gator Keyboard Bag  (Read 1385 times)

Offline John UK

I suppose they can’t ship it unfolded! Gator Keyboard Bag
« on: October 03, 2021, 05:51:19 PM »
Having recently purchased a Tyros 5 76 key keyboard, I was also looking for a suitable soft bag so I could take the keyboard round to friends and family. I couldn’t find many in the UK which were large enough, and decided on a Gator GKB-88. It’s 146cm wide, so about 11cm wider than I need, 45.7cm front to back which is ideal, and 17cm deep, so will probably put some extra padding on top of the Tyros. Bought it from Amazon (UK) and they have it reduced to £75.32 which is the cheapest it’s been for quite a long time.

Only negative so far is they fold it in half for delivery, and after unpacking it the seams have a few curves/bends and the sides are not standing straight so it looks like it is only 10cm deep. I haven’t placed the Tyros in it yet, as it was only yesterday when I sorted out where to clip all the speaker cables! But I will aim to post a mini review of this bag later on, as I don’t think anyone has recently reviewed it here?

Couple of questions though, is there anything worth doing to remove the creases and squashed appearance of the bag? I guess it will fall into its proper shape with time and use. The bag only has two handles, has anyone had success in adding a shoulder strap attached at each end to a bag of similar length?

Online Toril S

Re: I suppose they can’t ship it unfolded! Gator Keyboard Bag
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »
It will fall into shape😀 i have the same bag for my Tyros 61.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page