Author Topic: G'day from down under  (Read 10228 times)

j_s

G'day from down under
« on: May 27, 2021, 12:19:07 AM »
Australia that is.  8)

Even though I must have been looking at this website some time in the past I did not appreciate it's value. It's great with lots of useful information particularly for a beginner like me.  ;D

I'm a 70YO wannabe piano player, should have learned music when I was a lot younger but opted to learn electronics instead, now I have a lot more "spare time" so back to the keyboard.

I have a Yamaha PSR-EW410 and I love it, unfortunately the music only reaches my wrists and doesn't go down to the finger too well, I'll see a doctor about that....... ;)

John

Offline mikf

Re: G'day from down under
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:13:27 AM »
When I got to 70 I found its not just your fingers which won’t respond to messages from your brain- it’s almost everything. If your doc in Australia has a cure for that there might be a lot of us on a plane.
Mike

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 06:11:03 AM »
Hi John,
I did the same, I always wanted to play keyboard but learned radio and tv engineering so I started in my seventies to learn music
I live in Gymea Bay nsw
Good luck,
Adrian

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 06:22:55 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, John!

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 06:25:21 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your PSR-EW410 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains more than 101,000 song titles in 2,602 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 08:14:20 AM »
Hello John, and welcome to the forum! 😀😀😀 I need to go to that doctor as well😀😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

j_s

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 03:39:01 AM »
Thanks for your posts etc. :-) I just checked in but I'm not getting any posts notifications, are there any setting I have missed?

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 04:38:40 AM »
Hi John,

Click on your Avatar or Username and then navigate to Modify Profile...Notifications.  You'll find the settings you need there.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

j_s

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 05:31:17 AM »
I got this reply  ;) the only thing I did this morning (apart from adding my beautiful avatar....) was to check the box "Allow users to email me", that must have fixes it.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 06:07:51 AM »
You also placed a "Check Mark" in "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic", in Notification Settings.  That's what triggered the response, John.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Colin D

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 07:42:24 AM »
Welcome to the Forum and a host of lovely helpful people,

Best wishes,

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline Patrick

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »
Hi John, welcome to the forum; i wish you and yours a nice weekend, Patrick
 ;)

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 01:52:51 PM »
Another neat way which doesn’t keep sending you email is to log in, then hit the ‘show new replies to your posts’ at the top left. But I would say most members just log in and quickly scan down the opening page of  recent posts, (which should be how your forum opens up if you bookmark at that page) to see what posts interest them. And if you mark it to stay logged in you just hit the bookmark icon and you open up already logged in.
Mike

Offline RONBO

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »
I just click on NOTIFY at the bottom of the post and then I get an email telling me that a reply has been posted to this thread

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

j_s

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 12:59:34 AM »
LOL now I have Gmail putting stuff in spam, just fixed it I think. :)

Offline RONBO

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 03:09:55 AM »
Great,

hope you get notified of this reply

All the best and welcome to the best forum in the world

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

j_s

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 03:14:53 AM »
Yep, just got the notification.  ;)

All I need to do now is learn to play....... :-[

edit by the way I'm in Sydney, Australia (Hills district)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 03:16:17 AM by j_s »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 03:41:32 AM »
That’s good John

I am in Canada just across the River from Detroit Michigan   
We’re about 8000-10000 miles apart

Regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner