Author Topic: Expansion Pack Lessons  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Joe W

Expansion Pack Lessons
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:11:17 PM »
I know I am late on this topic, but I thought with Yamaha packs now by and large free, more people might be interested.  So, after several weeks of work, I have completed a new set of lessons on Expansion Packs.  Here is the link to the introduction page:

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/exp/index.html

I know we have a number of expansion pack "experts" in the forum.  In fact, I reviewed many forum messages trying to learn about packs and that was helpful.  Let me know what you think.  There are four separate "lessons". One covers the pre-installed PSR-SX900 expansion packs. The second explains how to get Yamaha packs. The third covers the use of the Yamaha Expansion Manager.  And the final covers installing a cpi pack in the SX900.

Offline hans1966

Re: Expansion Pack Lessons
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:40:49 PM »
Hello Joe, thank you very much for all your effort and dedication, so that this forum is of great use and benefit for all users. congratulations.

Hans
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:41:50 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, peterm

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 12:27:09 AM »
Dear Joe,

what a HUGE work you devoted to our Forum!!!

The YEM new lesson is so useful and so well structured, that we could not hope for anything so clear and complete as you did. It's easy to realize that you spent a lot of your time to get to this excellent achievement.

It will take some time to read all, deeply. But this item has never been very clear. And now we got the compass for our itinerary within YEM.

Thank you so much.

Angelo

Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

The following users thanked this post: Joe W

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 12:56:48 AM »
Joe,

Thank you very much.  This topic will benefit many members, including me.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline Joe W

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 03:31:16 AM »
Thanks for those kind comments, Jerry, Angelo, and Hans.  It did take some energy to figure out those expansion packs.  But it was also a challenge going back to coding the web page.  There were things I had done in the past but forgot entirely how I did it.  Had to read some old documentation and order an updated Dreamweaver manual.  It also required working with a lot of screen captures.  Being color blind, I never have mastered my various graphics programs beyond getting the minimum done.

Working on putting together a new styles/registrations collection now.  That, too, takes a lot of time.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Roger Brenizer, gigi

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 07:58:11 AM »
Hi Joe,

thank you for your hard work in maintaining the forum and creating all the content that helps members of the Yamaha community.

Regards, casper
Watch my video channel

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 01:16:16 PM »
.....Casper lessons are so useful too!
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.