Author Topic: Registration files on CVP-609  (Read 2759 times)

Offline NAMA

Registration files on CVP-609
« on: June 16, 2021, 10:10:33 PM »
I just bought a secondhand CVP-609 but I need some advice about loading registration files. I was told that CVP is almost similar to Tyros 4 so I downloaded some .rgt files from this tutorial website and copied these to the usb stick. If I go to the usb directory in the CVP I can see the file but it has no content. On my pc I can see content. If I do the same procedure for .sty styles it runs well. I assume I do something wrong, can somebody help me with this?
Thanks in advance.
Never too old to learn.
Genos,Korg K49 and CVP709PE

Offline Toril S

Re: Registration files on CVP-609
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 10:32:30 PM »
To see the registration files you must be in the registration screen. I don't have a CVP, but on PSR/Tyros/Genos you press the two registration bank buttons simultanously to call up registrations. Registrations are very keyboard specific, so I am not sure the T4 registrations will work on the CVP.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 11:27:44 PM »
They might work, not sure. T4 and CVP605  have much in common. I have a 605 but have not tried moving registrations. Just try and see what happens, no harm can be done.
As Toril says you have to be in the correct “mode” to see what is on the usb. If it’s styles you have to be in the styles section, same with voices and registrations. Hit the two registration buttons and the registration screen comes up on the touch screen. Then touch usb on the screen with the usb plugged in and you will see them all appear on the screen. It is something that catches out almost everyone to begin with. For styles and voices you touch the default style or voice showing on the Home Screen and that opens style and voice screens, with the usb/ user choice at the top.
Mike

Offline NAMA

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
Thanks for your replies. It looks like the registrations are model specific. I found the T4 registration files but got the message “not loaded properly”.
Loading T4 styles is oké but not for registrations.
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline murrayb

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 11:35:08 AM »
Bert:

You can use my program to convert the registrations to work on the CVP.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline NAMA

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 12:59:28 PM »
Thanks Murray, this is a great program. Ik tried and this is the solution!
Never too old to learn.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:11 PM »
CVP instruments only use two right hand voices so you can not use any keyboard registrations on them. You are best making your own.