Author Topic: SX stuck on logo screen  (Read 3540 times)

SamJoel Mathew

SX stuck on logo screen
« on: June 12, 2021, 06:45:35 AM »
My sx700 is stuck on the logo screen and I don't know what to do. The keyboard is absolutely new. It has something to do with deleting item from favourites. Please can anybody help.I came to know that many owners of this keyboard have this same problem
Thank you
Samjoel

Offline ckobu

Re: SX stuck on logo screen
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 07:16:50 AM »
Hi SamJoel,
Upgrade to sx700 with version 1.0.4. This should solve the problem.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-sx700.html

V1.03 to V1.04
Fixed a rarely occurring problem in which the instrument would not be started after a file had been removed from “Favorites.”
Watch my video channel

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »
Did you try-out to reset the keyboard?
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 09:23:34 AM »
Hi Samjoel, this is an bug about the old firmware.
It has to do with the eliminations of favorites, about a year ago I was in the same situation with my brand new SX900. In full covid emergency I was in a panic with my SX900 stuck on the logo. The problem has been definitively solved with the new firmware. Update as suggested by ckobu and good music ...
Pietro
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:25:47 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 01:55:40 PM »
Are you sure the update will solve this problem.And from where can I get the firmware.I miss my kb :'(.I did a reset by holding C6.Does Yamaha know about this issue.

Yes, the Firmware update will fix that problem, IF your SX700 let you start the update. If NOT, probably only a Yamaha Service Center can help you.

Please download the update V1.04 by clicking on the link in ckobu's post above, and download also the Firmware Installation Guide from this site.

Unzip the downloaded zip file, and copy the contained PRG file onto a USB stick (directly into the Root directory of the stick, NOT in a folder!).

Connect the USB stick to the switched off SX700. Press and hold the STYLE START/STOP button while powering on the SX700.

If you are lucky and your SX700 accepts the update, follow the instructions on the screen. (Press the START/STOP button again.)

If the update does NOT work, the last option for you to try is a full Factory Reset. You can write me a Personal Message (PM) , then I will send you detailed information.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:01:04 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »
Yamaha knows about this problem and the new Firmware solves it. The download link is in my post above.
You have instructions on what needs to be done to install it. You can also watch this video which shows the whole process.

https://youtu.be/FpXEFX8pYcM
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 02:58:04 PM »
Always make sure your keyboard is using the latest operating system updates and keep up with them as they are issued as they will put right any faults that have been reported.

SamJoel Mathew

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
Yes, the Firmware update will fix that problem, IF your SX700 let you start the update. If NOT, probably only a Yamaha Service Center can help you.

Please download the update V1.04 by clicking on the link in ckobu's post above, and download also the Firmware Installation Guide from this site.

Unzip the downloaded zip file, and copy the contained PRG file onto a USB stick (directly into the Root directory of the stick, NOT in a folder!).

Connect the USB stick to the switched off SX700. Press and hold the STYLE START/STOP button while powering on the SX700.

If you are lucky and your SX700 accepts the update, follow the instructions on the screen. (Press the START/STOP button again.)

If the update does NOT work, the last option for you to try is a full Factory Reset. You can write me a Personal Message (PM) , then I will send you detailed information.

Best regards,
Chris
How can I message you for the full factory reset will it solve this issue.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 04:19:49 PM »

Have you already tried installing this important Firmware update? I strongly recommend to do this first.

Only if the update can NOT be installed for some reason, you should try a full Factory Reset. But if the update have not worked, maybe also the internal Test program cannot be called up. However, on the SX700, the Test program is needed to perform a full Factory Reset.

To message me just click on the link "overover" to the left of one of my posts. Then click on "Send PM".

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

SamJoel Mathew

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 04:40:35 PM »
Where can I get Yamaha's email
Thanks

blackpool

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 05:11:59 PM »
I had the same issue with the 900

Problem is ...you cant get past the main screen to even do a firware update ...i had to have mine replaced

this link might help with service ....good luck

why not just go back to your dealer

https://inquiry.yamaha.com/country/?act=202&lcl=en_GB

SamJoel Mathew

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 06:08:42 PM »
I bought my kb from UAE currently I am in India and won't be going back.

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
I had the same issue with the 900

Problem is ...you cant get past the main screen to even do a firware update ...i had to have mine replaced...

You don't need to boot normally (until the Main screen appears) in this case. As mentioned before, to initiate a Firmware update you have to switch OFF the keyboard, then press and HOLD the START/STOP button while powering on. The keyboard now should load the boot loader and then the new Firmware from the connected USB stick. And in the present case there is a good chance that the SX700 will accept the V1.04 update and then function normally again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:55:10 PM by overover »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
And keep the update file in the ROOT DIRECTORY of the USB stick. And do not have other update files there. I also read that for updates, the stick best be formatted on the keyboard first. Good luck. You have my sympathy. Not fun when the keyboards start acting up!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ckobu

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 11:02:23 PM »
My sx700 is stuck on the logo screen and I don't know what to do. The keyboard is absolutely new. It has something to do with deleting item from favourites. Please can anybody help.I came to know that many owners of this keyboard have this same problem
Thank you
Samjoel

Are you sure the update will solve this problem.And from where can I get the firmware.I miss my kb :'(.I did a reset by holding C6.Does Yamaha know about this issue.

How can I get Yamaha's email.How can I complain to them.
Thanks.

Where can I get Yamaha's email
Thanks

I bought my kb from UAE currently I am in India and won't be going back.

I can't believe it.
Everyone gives the same advice on what to do, and you ask questions and don’t want to listen.

Why did you even ask a question on this forum?  ???

SamJoel Mathew

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 04:34:05 AM »
Hi,I tried updating but the kb shows(please insert install media) what's the reason behind that? Should I use any specific usb?
Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 05:22:08 AM »
Hi,I tried updating but the kb shows(please insert install media) what's the reason behind that? Should I use any specific usb?
Thanks

What’s wrong with following instructions. Insert the install media.

Remember, the OS update must be unzipped, and in the root of the USB.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ckobu

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 06:49:18 AM »
Hi Sam

In the video I posted in the # 5 post you have the exact procedure. Watch it from 01:06 seconds.
As Fred said, the downloaded file must be unpacked and placed in the root of the USB stick. Prior to that, the USB stick should be formatted on a computer in FAT32 format.
(be careful: you will delete all data from it)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

SamJoel Mathew

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 11:48:42 AM »
Hi,My kb got fixed thanks to everyone here especially ckobu,overover, and others.Thanks for your efforts and for helping me out.

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 12:27:49 PM »
Hi,My kb got fixed thanks to everyone here especially ckobu,overover, and others.Thanks for your efforts and for helping me out.

Hi Samjoel,

I just replied to you on your PM. Now I just saw here that you could solve the problem in the meantime anyway. :)

Best regards,
Chris