Author Topic: Voice 1&2 play, then with V1,2&3 only v3 will play  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Denn

Voice 1&2 play, then with V1,2&3 only v3 will play
« on: June 12, 2021, 03:56:25 AM »
Hello, Have had this problem with my T4. All my registrations now, only V1 & V2 will play. Turn on V3 and that is the only one that plays, the other two don't play. Turn OFF V1 & V2 and V3 plays OK but I can't get all three voices to play at the same time. I have gone through the functions and the mixer and can't  find anywhere where I can get the three to play together. Turned the kbd off and then on to no avail. Please help as I do like to have the choir voices on 3 sometimes.
Regards Denn
Love knitting dolls

Offline overover

Re: Voice 1&2 play, then with V1,2&3 only v3 will play
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 04:37:05 AM »
Hi Denn,

your Right3 SPLIT POINT is set "wrong", and you probably have locked your Split Points in Parameter Lock. The latter is the reason that the mentioned "problem" (activating the Right3 part "mutes" Right1&2 parts) affects ALL Registrations.

To fix this issue just make sure the Right3 split point is set one semitone higher than the Left split point, for example if Style & Left split points are set to F#2, set the Right3 split point to G2.

By the way: To quickly call up the Split Point display,, press [Direct Access] button followed by [Sync Start] button. After changing the settings press [Exit] button. This will automatically save the current settings to the System Setup.

Please refer also to this thread on the same topic:
>>>
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,59665.msg460677.html#msg460677

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:43:12 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Denn, JohnS

Offline Denn

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »
Thanks Chris. I do have my parameter split point locked as I rarely change the split point. I did check out that but I am curious to know why that happened. In fact I went through all the settings, functions and mixing console and could not find any reason for this mishap. However, I did a soft reset and all came right. I think Sophie is getting tired and needs a good shakeup.
I have noticed that the R3 split point is set a semitone up but I have never been able to fathom out why. Even when you press the 'F' button and the F2# to reset the split points it is always the R3 set up the semi tone. I suppose that's the way they like it. Thanks again for your reply. Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »
Hi Denn,

for the Style and Left split points, the selected note is the HIGHEST playable note, and for the Right3 split point, the selected note is the LOWEST playable note of the Right3 part.

So, the default split point setting is:
Style: F#2
Left: F#2
Right3: G2

As mentioned before: Only when the Right3 split point is set exactly one semitone higher than Left, you can play all three Right parts layered in the same keyboard range. If you would set the Right3 split point to G#2 in this example, the Right1&2 parts would can be played only on one key (G2), and only Right3 would be heard from G#3 - C6.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Denn