Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

How memorize on OTS the Right3 split and octave settings

<< < (2/4) > >>

EileenL:
If you change the style location from where it was when you set up the registration bank then it will not be found. You need to set up a folder with all the styles you want in your registration banks and keep them there. Work on the other styles that are not in this folder.

EileenL:
Make sure you have not got split point ticked in your parameter lock.

overover:

--- Quote from: MadrasGiaguari on June 11, 2021, 03:03:13 PM ---Tried with 4 Registrations, but the problem stays the same:
the last split point recorded affects also the other Registrations, previously memorized with a different split point...

--- End quote ---

Hi Angelo,

the current Split Point settings are always automatically saved when memorizing a Registration (Style and Left split points when the STYLE checkbox is ticked, Right3 split point when the VOICE checkbox is ticked in the MEMORY window).

And, as mentioned by Eileen before, if you want to change Split Points by Registrations, please make sure "Split Point" is NOT ticked in "Parameter Lock"!

Best regards,
Chris

MadrasGiaguari:
Thanks so much to all of you: it works with Registrations! Each one of your advise has been very effective.
Before I was changing variation by using the variations button.... Now I learned to use the Registration buttons to change variation, and it works fine, including the fill-in.

About dummies, as I am, the only leftover question regards the problem of the "stability" of the source styles that the Registration points to.
I understand that (thank, Eileen) I could make a source styles folder, where to put the styles the Registrations are going to point to.
BUT also in that folder there will be changes in the position, any time I will add another style to be played trough Registrations, or when deleting a style.

Am i still missing something?

Thank you for your patience.... ::)

Angelo

overover:

--- Quote from: MadrasGiaguari on June 11, 2021, 07:07:07 PM ---... the only leftover question regards the problem of the "stability" of the source styles that the Registration points to.
I understand that (thank, Eileen) I could make a source styles folder, where to put the styles the Registrations are going to point to.
BUT also in that folder there will be changes in the position, any time I will add another style to be played trough Registrations, or when deleting a style.

Am i still missing something? ...

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your feedback, Angelo!

The exact "position" on which a certain file is shown in a particular file selection display doesn't matter, since the so called "file path" is linked in Registrations.

Just make sure not to move or rename files or change the icon (!) of files that are used in Registrations. And also the folders/subfolders in which these files are stored may no longer be renamed afterwards.

Examples for file paths:

If the Style "My Style.STY" is stored in the folder "Reg Styles" on the first connected USB stick (USB1), the resulting file path stored in Registrations would be:
"I:/Reg Styles/My Style.STY"

If the same Style is stored in the folder "Reg Styles" in the internal USER drive, the file path stored in Registrations would be:
"C:/STYLE/Reg Styles/My Style.STY"

As you can see, in USER drive there are addional System folders for each file type (in this case the folder "STYLE").

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version