Author Topic: Wedding Help Please! - Creation of a Multi-Track Song (SX700)  (Read 901 times)

rorchard

Hello, I have a new SX700 and Stagepas 1K and thinking of playing and singing Elton John's 'Your Song' to my bride at our wedding in Sept. Now I once sang and played to a girlfriend on stage when I was 15 but now I am 52, not a massively compedent singer (more backing) but I can play the piano well. I think I can pull this off with some practice. The problem I have is that I would like to start with just the piano for the first verse or so then bring in some manually played/recorded strings and eventually manually played/recorded drums/percussion etc. but I am not sure the best way to acheive this to have the strings come in at the right time and to keep me on track throughout the song. - Any ideas would be really appreciated  :) 

Offline Toril S

Re: Wedding Help Please! - Creation of a Multi-Track Song (SX700)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »
Set it up in registrations. I am happy for you😀 I wish you and your bride all the best❤️❤️
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

Re: Wedding Help Please! - Creation of a Multi-Track Song (SX700)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:11:53 PM »
Actually, given your lack of experience, it might be best to make a midi that you play along with. This would be the multi track song you  refer to. You might even be able to just find a midi, karaoke style, that you can then modify to play along with.
Mike