Author Topic: Issues with USB selection since firmware upgrade.  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Kenneve

Issues with USB selection since firmware upgrade.
« on: April 10, 2021, 10:23:40 AM »
HI Guys
I have a CVP805 on which i have recently upgraded the firmware. (Version 1.08)
Since then I believe I have issues selecting USB sticks.

I understand that the Playlist information must always be on USB1 which is the port under the keyboard.
However, I'm finding when powering up with 2 USB sticks inserted, (Underneath & Front ports) that the system sometimes defaults to the front port as USB1, which stops the Playlist from working

I am convinced that this problem has only occurred since the firmware upgrade, as I had never come across this problem previously. (even on my previous CVP605)
On speaking to Yamaha via my dealer, I'm told that the problem has always been there, when powering on with 2 USB sticks inserted, and its 'Sods' law as to which port becomes USB1.

There is no problem when powering up with 1 USB stick (under keyboard) inserted and the second added subsequently
However, as a workaround I have now copied all my Style files to the USB 1 stick, leaving the USB 2 port available for any additional data.

I just wonder if anyone has experienced a similar problem?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: Issues with USB selection since firmware upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
Hi.

It' the same at Genos as well, if startup with other than the 'bottom stick' inserted at the same time, it will change USB#.
My 'workaround' is to pull out the front usb after power off the keyboard, and not insert it again before it's powered up again. As I only use the other USB ports to 'workspace' to test and try, and when happy, transfer to internal memory or 'botom usb' for permanent location. 😊
The good thing is, that when run any OS update, it's not nessesary to remove or use the bottom usb (USB1), as long as the update file(s) is in the root of other usb-stick, i.e. USB2, Genos will find it anyway. 👍
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »
Many thanks for your reply.
However, I’m convinced this did not happen, prior to the firmware upgrade, nor on my old 605.

I’m concerned that the continual and my view unnecessary plugging in/out of the front USB, will result in premature wear on the port, leading to possible failure.

Good job I have the 5 year guarantee !!!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:08:03 PM »
Get a USB extension cable and keep that cable in the front or back port. That way you avoid plugging in and out and save wear and tear of the port. It is also much easyer to plug the stick into the cable.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »
For years I use a small usb-hub with switches. No need to pull out sticks just switch the one off and leave the other on. The one on will always be you number one.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950