Author Topic: Copy or Move  (Read 2715 times)

Offline faddario

Copy or Move
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:02:40 PM »
Hello Still Again

I have several mp3s on a USB and want to get them to a playlist. I can copy or move all but can't figure out where to place them so that I can Append them to a new play list. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Copy or Move
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 01:25:02 PM »
Hello Still Again

I have several mp3s on a USB and want to get them to a playlist. I can copy or move all but can't figure out where to place them so that I can Append them to a new play list. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Playlists work only with registrations.

Regardless, as with any list on the keyboard, if you can find the file, so can the list. But, once you’ve told the list where the file is, it’s always going to look in the same place for the file. If you move the file, you have to update the list.

As MP3s are large files, likely the best spot is the USB they’re currently on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 04:00:09 PM »
Are you sure you don't mean Player List Which you Access by pressing the Player Button.  Songs will play one after the other in the order you want them to.

Offline faddario

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 06:24:12 PM »
Eileen:
You have always been a huge help. Here is my problem: I have several backing tracks (all mp3s) in my 900 that my partner and I will perform this weekend.

Right now, because of my limited knowledge, I have to select the track and then select the appropriate set up (registration button). I have put together 8 unique registrations.

What I would like to do is have the track and the correct registration linked so that when I call up a track the correct registration engages. In other words if I select track "Fly Me Too The Moon," i would like my #2 registration (strings Left, horns right) to open with it. Is it possible?

Thanks again

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 07:30:30 PM »
Eileen:
You have always been a huge help. Here is my problem: I have several backing tracks (all mp3s) in my 900 that my partner and I will perform this weekend.

Right now, because of my limited knowledge, I have to select the track and then select the appropriate set up (registration button). I have put together 8 unique registrations.

What I would like to do is have the track and the correct registration linked so that when I call up a track the correct registration engages. In other words if I select track "Fly Me Too The Moon," i would like my #2 registration (strings Left, horns right) to open with it. Is it possible?

Thanks again

Yes, it’s possible. Just memorize everything you want loaded in a registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline faddario

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 12:17:59 PM »
Fred, I hate to be a pest but I'm still having issues. I have about 40 Mp3s in the user section. I also have them on a USB which I can use if you think that's better. I play along and sing to the mp3s. When I select any mp3 I want my settings (piano left, strings right, etc.) to come up so that I don't have to engage them separately. I have settings saved in the registration buttons but I can't figure out how to connect them with the mp3s. Need help. Another gig this Thursday. :-[

Thanks
Frank

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »
Fred, I hate to be a pest but I'm still having issues. I have about 40 Mp3s in the user section. I also have them on a USB which I can use if you think that's better. I play along and sing to the mp3s. When I select any mp3 I want my settings (piano left, strings right, etc.) to come up so that I don't have to engage them separately. I have settings saved in the registration buttons but I can't figure out how to connect them with the mp3s. Need help. Another gig this Thursday. :-[

Post one of the registrations so we can take a look at it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 03:12:21 PM »
... I have about 40 Mp3s in the user section. I also have them on a USB which I can use if you think that's better. I play along and sing to the mp3s. When I select any mp3 I want my settings (piano left, strings right, etc.) to come up so that I don't have to engage them separately. I have settings saved in the registration buttons but I can't figure out how to connect them with the mp3s. ...

Hi Frank,

here is the basic procedure to also link an MP3 file in existing Registrations (so that it is then automatically loaded when the relevant registration is called up):

1) Load the relevant Registration Bank and then the relevant Registration (one of the buttons 1 - 8⁣) to which you want to link the MP3 file.

2) Load the desired MP3 file into the Audio player.

3) Press the MEMORY button, make sure that all the necessary checkmarks are set and ADDITIONALLY check the "Audio Song" checkbox.

4) Press the active Reg button AGAIN to memorize the previous settings including the currently loaded audio song on this button.

5) Press the two buttons "Regist Bank +" and "Regist Bank -" at the same time to open the Registration Bank Selection display and SAVE the Registration Bank again there. (If you want to keep the previous version of the Reg Bank, use a new or slightly changed file name. Otherwise, confirm the message about overwriting the previous version with "Yes".)

Note: Do not move or rename files (e.g. your MP3s) that are linked in Registrations! IF you do this anyway, the Registration in question will no longer be able to find the file and you will have to relink the moved / renamed file as just described.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:59:14 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: faddario

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
Remember that when attaching MP3 or WAV file to registration the song will be called up when that registration button is pressed. All you have to do then is press play on the Audio player.

Offline faddario

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 07:51:13 PM »
Fred:
How do I post registrations?

Thanks again
Frank

Offline faddario

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 08:56:07 PM »
Chris:
I followed your very clear instructions to the letter but I still am not getting the saved registration when I select the song.(pulled my hair out)

Any ideas

Thanks

Offline faddario

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 08:56:41 PM »
Chris:
I followed your very clear instructions to the letter but I still am not getting the saved registration when I select the song.(pulled my hair out)

Any ideas

Thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 09:08:40 PM »
Chris:
I followed your very clear instructions to the letter but I still am not getting the saved registration when I select the song.(pulled my hair out) ...

Hi Frank,

you cannot link "a Registration to an MP3", but you can link an MP3 to a Registration. This is basically the same procedure as when linking Styles, MIDI files, Multi Pads or Voices in Registrations: You make all the necessary Panel settings, memorize it on the desired Registration button (making sure that the correct checkmarks are set!) and save the Reg Bank (usually with the name of the song).

If you then load the Reg Bank concerned and press the desired Registration button, the Audio song (MP3) will also be loaded, and all you have to do is press the Play button on the Audio player (as already mentioned by Eileen). :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:15:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »
Chris:

Any ideas

Thanks

You are thinking about it the wrong way round.

You can't load a song and have a registration come with it.

But you can load a registration and have the song come with it.
Genos

Offline faddario

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 09:24:47 PM »
Yes, I am thinking about it wrong. I now have my Registration bank, 1-8 in the playlist. I can't seem to get my mp3s to where I can load them. My mp3s are in athe user secrion or I have them on a usb if that is better.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 10:30:14 PM »
I think you should keep the songs in the same place as your registrations. Put them all on the USB stick. Also post a registration here as Fred suggested so we can look at it.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 10:48:24 PM »
If you have linked the MP3 song to the registration button correctly and then saved the registration when you select a registration button it will load the song into the player ready to be played. You just have to press play on the Audio song.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 05:54:21 AM »
Fred:
How do I post registrations?

Thanks again
Frank

Like any other file. You post it to a file sharing service, then post the link here.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »
... How do I post registrations? ...

Like any other file. You post it to a file sharing service, then post the link here. ...

Hi Frank,

you can also post Registration Bank files (.rgt) as an attachment of your post here. Just click on "Attachments and other options" and select the desired .rgt file under "Attach:".

But I don't think that this is needed in the present case. Just follow my step-by-step instructions that I wrote for you above to link an MP3 in a Registration (= Registration button), and when you call this Reg later, the MP3 will also be loaded.

In principle, it does not matter where the MP3 files are stored. You just have to note that they cannot be moved later if they are used in Registrations.  I recommend that you save the MP3s on the USB stick, e.g. in a folder called "MP3 for Regs", the content of which you will not change later. You also save the Registration Bank files on the USB stick, e.g. in a folder called "Registration".

The big advantage over saving in the internal User drive is that you can copy USB sticks very quickly and easily and you can always carry backup sticks with you.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:50:37 AM by overover »

Offline faddario

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 08:21:33 PM »
Fred,
I can't thank you enough for the time you have taken. One more question: What do I do if more than one mp3 uses the same registration?

Thanks again

Frank

Offline overover

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »
Fred,
I can't thank you enough for the time you have taken. One more question: What do I do if more than one mp3 uses the same registration?

Thanks again

Frank

Hi Frank,

let me take the liberty of answering for Fred: :)

Simply use an existing Registration Bank and activate the Reg button 1 (whose Voice settings you want to use for another MP3) . Manually load another MP3 into the Audio player, memorize the new settings on the Reg button 1 (with the check mark "Audio Song" ticked in addition to the other required check marks).

Then save the Reg Bank as usual, but enter a different filename for the Reg Bank file (usually, as I said, the name of the song). This way the original Reg Bank remains unchanged and you have created an additional Reg Bank with the same Voice settings but linked to a different MP3.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:05:37 PM by overover »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 09:16:43 PM »
Fred,

Thanks again

Frank

You create two registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ