Author Topic: YEM 2.8.1 available for download.  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Teknoss

YEM 2.8.1 available for download.
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »
V2.8.0 to V2.8.1

Fixed a problem in which the Super Articulation Voice could not be selected.
Solved some other minor problems.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

The following users thanked this post: overover, vanzee, PhotoDoc05

Pincho Paxton

Re: YEM 2.8.1 available for download.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
Any chance of a MIDI CC for ACMP button?

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:33:47 PM »
Any chance of a MIDI CC for ACMP button?
LOL
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:22:53 PM »
It is just a normal update No extra's added.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 05:44:17 PM »
I'm not in the studio at the moment, has anyone verified that SA2 voices can now be selected again?

V 2.8.0 loads all SA2 sounds, but is still much slower than V 2.7.0.
I haven't tried using Portamento and I don't know if anything has changed there, I went back to version 2.7.0.

https://youtu.be/RSPa6iKIDQs
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 06:23:14 PM »
Yes, Francesco, with version 2.8.1 all Voices of the Genos Superior Pack can now be properly selected again. :)

P.S.
Please note that content that was created in YEM from V2.8.x is no longer compatible with earlier versions (V2.7.0 and earlier).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 06:32:53 PM »
Hi ckobu,
with 2.8.0 I can't select SA2 into the Superior Pack. But you're right, also very very slow! Is the problems now solved?

Hi Francesco,

The problem is solved with SA2 sounds. With version 2.8.0, several sounds were missing in the Superior Pack (5 voices), SA2 Pan flutes (2 voices), SA2 female voices (2 voices). With version 2.8.1. everyone is involved. I didn't test other things, with V2.8.1 I created an installation package and transferred it to Genos.
However, I reverted to version 2.7.0. because I don’t have the nerve every time to wait for it to load content.

Offline sunny

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 11:53:12 AM »
The SA2 Alto Saxophone pack voices are missing after installing this new version.

Sunny

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »
The SA2 Alto Saxophone pack voices are missing after installing this new version. ...

Hi Sunny,

which keyboard model are you talking about that has this?

With the Genos this is normal for the SA2 Alto Sax and Baritone Sax Packs, since these Voices are already included in the Genos as Preset Voices. In the case of the Genos, the Packs mentioned contain only two Registration banks and a demo MIDI file.

P.S.
You posted the same request here as well:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,59655.msg461092.html#msg461092

Please do not "multi-post" (the same request in multiple threads). This is very annoying for the forum members who respond.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:41:08 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline sunny

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 06:01:35 PM »
  The Tenor saxophone pack voices are appearing in YEM program but not visible on Genos keyboard. I have attached the screen shot.

Sunny

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:03:07 PM by sunny »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »
As has been said these voices are now in the Genos.
 Just go to the woodwind section.

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 11:12:45 PM »
  The Tenor saxophone pack voices are appearing in YEM program but not visible on Genos keyboard. I have attached the screen shot.

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

As mentioned, the two Packs "SA2 AltoSax_Genos" and "SA2 BaritoneSax_Genos" do NOT contain any Expansion voices, as these voices are already included in the Genos as Preset voices ("Woodwind" category, as mentioned by Eileen).

However, the "SA2 TenorSax_Genos" Pack does contain Expansion Voices, just like the other three SA2 Packs available for Genos ("SA2 Trombone_Genos", "SA2 PanFlutes_Genos" and "SA2 FemalVocals_Genos").

Maybe you were in the "wrong" File Selection Display (e.g. in STYLE mode). Then you can't see any Voices.

I have just installed all six available SA2 Packs on my Genos (using YEM V2.8.1): In the VOICE Selection Display under "User > Expansion > SA2 TenorSax_Genos" the two voices "FunkTenor" and "PopTenor" are displayed and can be loaded and played without any problems.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:18:01 PM by overover »

Offline sunny

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 05:26:33 AM »
Hi Sunny,

As mentioned, the two Packs "SA2 AltoSax_Genos" and "SA2 BaritoneSax_Genos" do NOT contain any Expansion voices, as these voices are already included in the Genos as Preset voices ("Woodwind" category, as mentioned by Eileen).

However, the "SA2 TenorSax_Genos" Pack does contain Expansion Voices, just like the other three SA2 Packs available for Genos ("SA2 Trombone_Genos", "SA2 PanFlutes_Genos" and "SA2 FemalVocals_Genos").

Maybe you were in the "wrong" File Selection Display (e.g. in STYLE mode). Then you can't see any Voices.

I have just installed all six available SA2 Packs on my Genos (using YEM V2.8.1): In the VOICE Selection Display under "User > Expansion > SA2 TenorSax_Genos" the two voices "FunkTenor" and "PopTenor" are displayed and can be loaded and played without any problems.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
 Yes,as you said, only SA2 Alto saxophone and SA2 Trombone are not visible in expansion voices since  these voices included in the preset voices as i thought these two expansion pack voices are different. The SA2 Tenor Saxophone voices are visible on Genos expansion.

Thanks,
Sunnt
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:30:08 AM by sunny »

keynote

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2021, 09:55:42 PM »
I know there were problems with YEM 2.8 so I didn't install it. When YEM 2.8.1 became available I downloaded it to give it a try but as mentioned by others 2.8.1 is as slow as molasses in February. So I reverted back to V2.7.0. When using 2.7.0 all the voices show up in my Genos Superior Pack. Not sure why Yamaha is having trouble with the latest version(s) of YEM. Software can be complicated. Maybe they're too busy getting the finishing touches ready on Genos II so perhaps Genos I is now on the backburner? If in fact that is the case then that's cause for celebration.  Winter NAMM 2022? Summer NAMM 2022?? Winter NAMM 2023??? It will likely be in within that timeframe in my opinion. The sooner the better but in the meantime the current Genos is still the cream of the crop of arranger keyboards in my humble opinion.  8) Just stick with YEM 2.7.0 for now. BTW, the Genos has been on the market almost four years so there is definitely something brewing at Yamaha Japan headquarters. They could be taking their own sweet time because now that MIDI spec. 2.0 is out they want to make sure it works seamlessly with their new keyboard products. I'm guessing USB 3.0/3.1/3.2? will also be available on the Genos II. Save your pennies folks.  :)

All the best,
Mike