Author Topic: default settings  (Read 1926 times)

Offline lenzieman

default settings
« on: June 07, 2021, 02:59:45 PM »
Looking for some help and guidance, guys and gals.   Is it possible to switch on my Tyros 4 and have it go to all my favoured voice settings instead of the factory defaults?   Big thank you in advance.

Offline Graham UK

Re: default settings
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
My faviorite voices are saved into Registration. When saving the RGT untick the Style so you can then play any of your faviorite voices with any style you select.
If required. You can adjust voices to your liking in VOICE SET and save as VCE.

Hope this helps.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 06:53:03 PM »
Hi lenzieman,

create one (or more) so-called "Setup Registrations" that contain all of your preferred settings. Then always after powering on the Tyros4, load the desired Setup Registration.

It is important that when memorizing the current panel settings for a Setup Registration, at least the checkmarks for Style, Voice, Multipad, Harmony, Tempo, Slider, Transpose and Scale are set in the "Memory" window. If you also want to (re)set the Pedal settings, check the Pedal box as well. If you are unsure, in this case tick more (or all) boxes than too few.

If you use always the same Fingering type and/or the same Split Points, go to "Function > Utility > Config 1 > 3 Parameter Lock" and make sure "Fingering" and/or "Split Point" is/are ticked here. (Usually "MasterEQ" should also be ticked here.) Finally press "EXIT" button to save your changes (!)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:55:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss, MadrasGiaguari

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 11:42:13 AM »
Thanks everybods for the swift replies. My day is more or less tied up but later this evening I'll try to resolve my issue with 'a little help from my friends'. Hoping for a successful outcome. Thanks again. Keep safe and well.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 12:26:39 PM »
Chris,

your posts are always as a Bible for many of us!

Always something useful: in my case the lock functions for the pedals I use.

Thank you

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
Chris,

your posts are always as a Bible for many of us!

Always something useful: in my case the lock functions for the pedals I use.

Thank you

Angelo

Thank you for your kind words, Angelo!

Unfortunately there is no option to lock the Pedal settings in Parameter Lock. But at least we can use the Freeze function instead.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 03:05:23 PM »
Just make sure you have the pedal box ticked in memory and then when saving new registrations they will be saved with it.

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »
Thanks everyone. SORTED.