Author Topic: Vocal Harmony  (Read 1839 times)

Offline faddario

Vocal Harmony
« on: June 04, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »
This site has been invaluable to me and I appreciate all the help this novice has received. Here's my newest issue:

I notice that sometimes while singing harmony, the sound breaks up even when I have Left Hold on. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the chordal setting

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

Offline DrakeM

Re: Vocal Harmony
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 09:36:55 PM »
I am confused as the Left Hold button is for controlling your left hand accompany voice (ie instrument selection).

That button has nothing to do with the Vocal Harmony (VH2) feature while singing. 

DonaldG

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 09:02:53 PM »
Greetings All: I purchased an SX900 this week and am having trouble getting my microphone to work.
One of the main reasons I purchased the 900 over the 700 was the miic harmonizing feature, but I can”t get it to work. I purchased a preAmp yesterday, plugged in my Sure SM58 and still I can barely detect that it is on.
I called the Yamaha dealer who had no idea what was wrong and the manual is no help, so I am appealing to other SX900 owners for help. Thank you, DonaldG

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 10:46:57 PM »
Hello DonaldG! There is a gain knob at the back of the keyboard, have you tried turning this up to max?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »
Hello DonaldG! There is a gain knob at the back of the keyboard,...

Hi DonaldG,

yes, first you have to set the MIC GAIN knob correctly (so that the signal lamp of the [MIC SETTING/VOCAL HARMONY] button lights up green or orange, but NOT red when you speak/sing into the microphone).

Then open the "Mic Setting" and make sure the Mic button there is switched ON and the "Vocal" button is activated. Set the desired Mic Volume by adjusting the virtual fader. You can also set this volume in "Mixer > Panel tab > Panel 2" or in the Vocal Harmony display. Note that you have three different displays in the Mic Setting: "Vocal", "Talk" and "Guitar".

Please refer to the SX900 Reference Manual (from page 93) for detailed information about the Microphone/Vocal Harmony settings.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Please also note the information on the subject of microphone connection on pages 100/101 of the SX900 Owner's Manual.

I recommend to download also the PDF version of the SX900 Owner's Manual and the SX900 Data List. Use the search function of your PDF reader program to find everthing very quickly in the manuals. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:10:19 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)