Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Genos Playlist & Single Finger Chords

(1/4) > >>

muzicman147:
Hi, I've been playing a Genos now for almost 2yrs and still can't work out why if I load a song from playlist it overwrites single finger chords and chooses multi finger instead.
Now I get that you can almost guarantee that most Playlist were written using Multi finger, but on the Tyros 4 when using Music finder the keyboard loaded the files fine with no changes to the way the chords were played.
The really annoying thing is that if I change the setting back to single finger the minute I go to the next programme button it goes straight back to multi finger.
If anyone knows how to stop this I would be most grateful.
Cheers
Drew
PS.
Before the usual "You should learn how to play using proper fingered chords" I lost the use of my left arm so now have to play the chords using a piece of wood in my mouth.

overover:
Hi Colin,

the short answer is: To prevent the currently set fingering type from changing by Registrations, go to "Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock" and tick the checkbox "Fingering".

In the same way you can also lock your Split Points if desired.

Note: To store the changed settings you have to CLOSE the "Parameter Lock" display (by using the X symbol or pressing the Exit button)!

By the way: You can play the Single Finger chords (one finger = major chords, two fingers = minor or dominant seventh chords, three fingers = minor seventh chords) even if the fingering type is set to "Multi Finger". So you don't necessarily have to switch to "Single Finger". In other words: With "Multi Finger" you can do exactly the same.

Best regards,
Chris

mikf:
The musicfinder was quite a limited feature. The playlist offers much more control of the set up and is an overall improvement.
I am sorry to hear about your left arm, must be very difficult. But have you ever considered a set of midi bass pedals - like an organ. Maybe someone else can throw more light on this but I think they could possibly be set up to trigger chords.
Mike

muzicman147:
Hi Chris
Thank you so much for the answer, it works great now,no more annoying changes.
Cheers
Drew

muzicman147:
Hi Mike,
I have been told before about the use of Midi Pedals, but that was back in the dark ages when most people thought Midi was some sort of secret art.
When the world sorts its self out I may have to take a trip to someone who deals in Midi equipment on a fact finding mission.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Cheers
Drew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version