Author Topic: How do you stop your pedal from moving?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline shezza

How do you stop your pedal from moving?
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »
Hi all, I am just wondering what people do to stop the Yamaha FC 5 type pedal from moving around on carpet. I have come up with a few ideas that involve putting them on some wood But was wondering what other solutions are people using.

Offline DerekA

Re: How do you stop your pedal from moving?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 04:59:46 PM »
Every 15 minutes or so, I move it back where it should be while expressing annoyance :)

Offline wersianer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »
Here in the picture you can see my solution.
https://mega.nz/file/eUR3naYR#0Rde0LKESbvfBC02MPNsn6VCM6WCw0sABL5dDF9bERk
I am very satisfied with that. After having had very bad experiences with pedals from different manufacturers such as Yamaha (FC-7) and WERSI, I came to the conclusion for myself: the more expensive, the worse. I made a stroke of luck with the two M-Audio. I use it to control my T5 and my M-Audio Keystation 88 MKIII. This is possible separately or together by positioning the foot in the middle. Before buying it, I thought about whether I would have to mechanically connect the two pedals. In practice, however, it has been shown that I have been spared this tinkering and work. Thanks to the doormat, they stand as if they were screwed on...are easy to step on, yet stable and quiet and both together do not cost what I paid for the FC-7.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:50:52 PM by wersianer »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »
Hi shezza,

you could use self-adhesive Velcro tape. With the hook velcro on the underside of the pedal, it should no longer slip on most carpets (even without using the counterpart of the Velcro tape ("loop velcro"). For smooth floors, you could use a small piece of carpet (e.g. a floor mat with a rubber underside), on which the pedal is also non-slip.

Another possibility would be to use a different (heavier) pedal, e.g. an FC4A (Sustain Pedal type). There are also sustain pedals with an integrated, non-slip rubber plate such as the Roland DP-10:

Edit:
In the "Unofficial NORD User Forum" I have just found a suggestion for a DIY "non-slip" Sustain Pedal:
>>> https://www.norduserforum.com/accessories-and-amplification-f8/how-to-keep-the-pedals-from-sliding-t18679.html#p124202

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 10:50:04 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 08:26:26 PM »
Hi, that annoyed me too. I use a volume pedal and an effect pedal. I attached it (with tie-rips) to a thin batten. Just what you thought. That bar is then attached to both sides of my desk (or possibly to a keyboard stand). Want to be creative yourself how best to do that? (tie-rips/duct tape/put the keyboard stand on the thin bar, or ..?) . The pedals can no longer go anywhere and have always used exactly the same position for me. It's a bit of tinkering, but no more irritations. Just my 2 cents
My best regards,
Ton

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 08:37:30 PM »
Very simple solution for me when I was playing at various venues. I carried a non-skid scatter rug, the same type of rug that you would use at your front door entrance. On the bottom of my pedals, I attached a small piece of Velcro Industrial Strength, the hook side. If the venue was carpeted, the pedals immediately attached to the carpet. If the venue was a tile floor, I placed my scatter rug beneath the keyboard and placed the pedals upon it. Problem solved!

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...