Author Topic: Question Re-Yamaha Style Assembly.  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Graham UK

Question Re-Yamaha Style Assembly.
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:16:21 AM »
Question Re-Yamaha Style Assembly.
Tyros 5.76. When assembling from one style part to another style. 
Do we go through all 4 style Variations then save...Or do we have to save after each Variation before moving forward ?.

I would like more instructions please.
DGX670

Offline RONBO

Re: Question Re-Yamaha Style Assembly.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 02:00:03 PM »
Hello Graham,

I usually make changes to everything first then save the new creation at the end.

So when you are asked to save changes along the way just answer no.

Then when you're done, save the assembly and give it a name.

regards

Ron

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:55:57 PM »
It's entirely your choice.

If you want to make sure things are safe as you go along, keep saving. If you want to be able to throw away your changes and start again, save once at the end. Or do anything in the middle!

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 06:27:14 PM »
I use Derek's "mixed" approach with all things Yamaha (or computer, for that matter).

At some point I either get nervous that I've entered so much work that I can't afford the lost time if I lose the work, OR I've accomplished something that I want to save as a baseline. If experiments beyond the baseline don't work out, I can always roll back to the baseline, i.e., revert to the saved version.

There isn't any hard and fast rule or approach.

All the best -- pj

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 09:19:34 PM »
All replys appreciated...At my age it helps to keep my ageing brain active...Ha!!!
DGX670

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 03:11:13 PM »
After having lost a few times the long work devoted to modify a style, I found that a very safe way is to start making a copy of the style I'm starting from.

Then, I work on one variation at a time, making modification of one variation, exit from Style Edit, play to check if the modification is ok, goes back for further tweaking (if it is the case), play again. And when the variation looks fine, save the COPIED style.

Then do the same on all variations, intro, ending, fill in, break, saving each part on the copied style.

This way the risk of loosing the work done is practically null. 

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 03:33:53 PM »
After a number of years it would have been good if someone had produced a PC Software to deal with Style Assembly type program.
It would have made things much simpler.
DGX670

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 03:41:53 PM »
Graham - it’s hard see how that would be any easier than doing it on the keyboard. Just spend a few minutes playing around with it. You can’t do any harm. Just pick any old two on board styles and copy parts from one to the other, save them as new styles, and it will soon seem simple. Then you can confidently do it on the real thing.
Mike

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
Mike. Agreed. I can edit most things on my T5-76 but the Style Assembly is a little long winded.
I always place the two (or more) styles into USER so they are easy available.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 03:50:04 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
Mike. Agreed. I can edit most things on my T5-76 but the Style Assembly is a little long winded.
I always place the two (or more) styles into USER so they are easy available.

Perfectly agree with Mike.

The copy parts function on the many Korg I had is extremely fast and flexible: you may copy a full style, or individual variations, or individual tracks (for example: all chord1 track, in all variations). It would be a big progress to may have this kind of functions, without having to do a very long job or having to resort to external software.

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 05:04:38 PM »
Graham - if you are finding it long winded I have to wonder If you are doing something wrong or putting in unnecessary steps, because it’s literally one of the fastest, easiest things to do on the keyboard.
Mike

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 05:12:58 PM »
I find it a little easier on Genos than it was on Tyros, it's a bit clearer to see what you're doing. Maybe that's just me.
Genos

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 07:47:53 PM »
mikf. A step by step tutorial, when you have the time please.

I agree I maybe making a meal of it but there is next to no info about Style Assembly.
(although there is a rightup on this PSRTutotial.)

It more the drums I want to copy. When I find a style with brushes with a suitable beat time I save it to use with other styles where the drums are too agressive.
DGX670