Author Topic: Very Confused!  (Read 2784 times)

Offline shezza

Very Confused!
« on: May 29, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »
Hi all, when I am setting Left and Right volumes for a certain song to save to memory which one am I saving? Let me explain, when I go to into the mixer to adjust the volume of Left it can be a different amount than when I go into Voice Edit!! So which do I adjust and save to panel, The volume in Mixer or Voice.........................Thanks

Offline EileenL

Re: Very Confused!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
Adjust volume in mixer if saving to registration banks.

The following users thanked this post: shezza

Offline shezza

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 01:54:36 PM »
Adjust volume in mixer if saving to registration banks.

Thanks so much.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 05:06:33 PM »
There are two methods to easily save the combination of voices as you like them to be.
One option is,as Eileen said, to save all the right & left hand voices settings on a registration(Reg).
(Memory button+Reg1 button)

The second option is to save the voices on the One Touch Settings(OTS)
(Memory button+OTS 1 button)
In the second method you will have to save the preset style as a new(user) style with the OTS that you want for that style.

Keep in mind that a left voice is always connected with a style and for that reason,
in a registration that you don't want a style to be saved too along with the voices,
you will have to copy-paste a preset style on the user or usb area,
save your registration with the voices and the style,
and afterwards delete that style from the user or usb area.

(The preset styles,voices and pads will always be "unharmed" no matter what you are trying to do).   

Combinations of voices that are either on a Reg or OTS button can be copied to another Reg or OTS of any style or registration by using the Memory button again..
Just  remember that if you save an OTS to a Reg you will also save the style in the Reg if you have ticked that option.
If by mistake or by need you do that, you just have to save again the correct style to the reg (The combination of voices you had in that reg will remain as they are)

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 06:05:42 PM »
Hi all, when I am setting Left and Right volumes for a certain song to save to memory which one am I saving? Let me explain, when I go to into the mixer to adjust the volume of Left it can be a different amount than when I go into Voice Edit!! So which do I adjust and save to panel, The volume in Mixer or Voice.........................Thanks

Hi shezza,

the Volume parameter in Voice Edit (called "Voice Set" in previous models) is the volume of the Voice itself. This parameter is set to a value somewhere between 60 and 127 with most Preset Voices by default. Normally you don't touch this parameter but set the desired volume for each Part in the Mixer. If you have set a certain Part volume already to 120 - 127 in the Mixer, but the Voice is still "too quiet", then in most cases you can increase the volume of the respective Voice in Voice Edit.

If you save a single Voice in Voice Edit (as a so-called "User Voice"), all changes made in the Voice Set and Mixer are also saved (e.g. EQ and Effects), but NOT the relevant Part Volume set in the Mixer.

As you can see from the "Parameter Chart" (in the SX900 Data List, pages 93/94), all Voice Edit parameters can be saved in OTS (One Touch Settings) as well as in Registrations. On page 86/87 of the Data List you can see which parameters of the Mixer can be saved in OTS or Registrations. (Many Mixer parameters can NOT be saved in OTS!)

Some users "swear" by using OTS, since all settings are saved directly in the Style file. However, I generally recommend working with Registrations. They are much more flexible, and many Panel settings cannot be saved in OTS at all (e.g. fingering, split points, etc.).

It is NOT necessary to also save User Voices beforehand. But if you want to quickly combine certain edited individual Voices with other Voices later (e.g. for other registrations), it is still recommended to save the edited Voices as User Voices.

For the sake of completeness: As is well known, User Voices can only be used in Keyboard Parts (Right, Left), i.e. NOT in Styles, MIDI files or Multi Pads, since the changed Voice Set would simply be ignored there. In order to still use User Voices in MIDI files, the "Voice File Revoicing" function of the PC program "PSRUTI" can be used. (This will write the Voice Set parameters of User Voices directly into the MIDI file.)

If you have any further questions on this topic, please just get in touch again!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 06:18:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: shezza