Author Topic: Volume pedal Question  (Read 4146 times)

Offline sunny

Volume pedal Question
« on: May 29, 2021, 04:27:00 PM »
Friends,

I wan't to control style + Left voice volume with one pedal and to control right hand voices R1,R2 and R3 volume with another pedal. Is it possible ? If not, Is there any alternate way ?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:48:02 PM by sunny »

Online overover

Re: Volume pedal Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 09:06:40 PM »
Hi Sunny,

with Tyros models it is definitely NOT possible to connect two Volume Pedals and set them differently. I tried this once with the Tyros5. There it is so that when you change the settings for one of the pedals, the same settings are applied to the other pedal at the same time (which of course makes no sense ;) ).

So far I have not tried connecting two volume pedals to the Genos at the same time.

By the way: I myself work with one volume pedal (FC7) that always controls parts Right 1 - 3. If necessary, I simply adjust the volume of the remaining parts with the Master Volume dial. In my opinion, if the Registrations are prepared well, a second volume pedal is not necessary. (I used to connect an additional stereo volume pedal between the keyboard and my external mixer for live performances, but for many years I have only been using the aforementioned pedal for the volume of the Right parts.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 09:13:10 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 10:40:10 PM »
Use the sliders to control your style parts. It is very quick to adjust this way.

Offline sunny

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 03:33:56 AM »
 Hi Eileen and Chris,

Even though Genos has three different pedal connections, they are useless, what ever the settings are made for one pedal are getting applied to all, then what is the use of having multiple pedal connections ? No improvement over Tyros 5 in Genos.

Is there any way to control Style+Left volume and Right Hand side voices with different volumes using externam MIDI interface ? Please clarify.

Thanks,
Sunny.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 05:52:42 AM »
Even though Genos has three different pedal connections, they are useless, what ever the settings are made for one pedal are getting applied to all, then what is the use of having multiple pedal connections ? No improvement over Tyros 5 in Genos.

Is there any way to control Style+Left volume and Right Hand side voices with different volumes using externam MIDI interface ? Please clarify.

Sunny,

In your original post, you asked if there was an alternate way. Are you now telling us you're not interested in any alternate way?

Like, use the master control knob for one, and the foot pedal for the other
Like, use a slider for one, and a foot pedal for the other
Like, registrations that set the volume wanted
Like, use an an assignable knob to control the volume difference between the style and the right voices (this is my favorite).

Sorry, the three pedals are useless for you. Thankfully, they're not for most others.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sunny

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 09:25:28 AM »
Friends,

I am habituated in controlling keyboard volume frequently with FC7 pedal only, I want to control Style+ Left voice with pedal only. The problem with Genos is that, the settings made for one pedal is automatically
Mirroring into other two pedals.

Is there any way to control Style + left using any
 External MIDI device ?

Thank You,
Sunny
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:28:53 AM by sunny »

Pincho Paxton

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 10:36:27 AM »
Sunny,

In your original post, you asked if there was an alternate way. Are you now telling us you're not interested in any alternate way?

Like, use the master control knob for one, and the foot pedal for the other
Like, use a slider for one, and a foot pedal for the other
Like, registrations that set the volume wanted
Like, use an an assignable knob to control the volume difference between the style and the right voices (this is my favorite).

Sorry, the three pedals are useless for you. Thankfully, they're not for most others.

Cheers,
Fred

Using your hands was always available, an alternative way to not using your hands is what covers the original post.

Offline sunny

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 02:37:19 PM »
yes, hands are available but technology makes things easier to use two legs also.

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 03:40:55 PM »
This one thing of course does not make multiple pedals useless, I currently have four pedals attached to my CVP all controlling very different functions. 
Most people find the overall volume or mix to be something easily set by hand and not often changed. The volume or swell pedal is mainly to add feel to your playing and as such does not typically  need to change style or lh volume in real time. I think you are the first person on this forum in more than 15 years to ever express this lh /style separate pedal volume control as an important ‘need’. And that’s despite hundreds of “wish lists” being posted asking for everything short of having the arranger make their morning coffee. So I can’t imagine it being on Yamaha agenda.
Mike
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 04:21:15 PM by mikf »

Pincho Paxton

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 06:25:19 PM »
I could do with one for the style as well. I am playing remotely from the other side of the room. I have to get up, and walk around the room to slide the style button.

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 02:13:20 AM »
I have a question about using the sliders for Style volume during a song. I have learned not to do that, because for some reason it will blast a higher volume that I have to then take down. Seems like the logical thing would be for the volume to be at the level set in the registration, that you could then tweak either way. Am I missing something?

Pincho Paxton

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 08:15:46 AM »
I have a question about using the sliders for Style volume during a song. I have learned not to do that, because for some reason it will blast a higher volume that I have to then take down. Seems like the logical thing would be for the volume to be at the level set in the registration, that you could then tweak either way. Am I missing something?

That has to be fixed in the programming. For example the Hydrasynth gives you the option of having the knobs control their changes from where they are now, or from where they were when the patch was saved. So those knobs will wait until you turn them to their original positions.