Author Topic: PSR-E463 song tracks settings and effects  (Read 1858 times)

Offline johnluke

PSR-E463 song tracks settings and effects
« on: May 27, 2021, 11:30:48 AM »
Hello all,
I have a question about the way the PSR-E463 manages song recording track by track and individual voice/track settings.
In short, I understood tracks 1 to 5 can be used for melodies, meaning I can setup on the instrument a main voice together with all its settings (i.e. octave, pan, reverb/chorus, harmony/arpeggio etc...) and then record the performance for that track, and then move to the next track.
My question is if all of these settings for the main voice are then recorded in the track or lost when I move to the next track with another main voice (but also different octave, pan, reverb/chorus, harmony/arpeggio settings etc...)
So that in other words, if tracks 1-5 are completely independent in terms of voice setup and effects or not, i.e. if it's possible to record a voice with harmony and deep reverb on track 1 and then a voice with arpeggio and chorus on track 2 and then a voice with -2 octaves on track 3 etc...
In the manual I only read there are limitations for the DSP (only recorded on tracks 1 or A) and sampled voices (only recorded on track 1).
But no mention regarding indipendency or not of other main voice settings and harmony/arpeggios.
Thanks!

Offline johnluke

Re: PSR-E463 song tracks settings and effects
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:33:17 AM »
I reply myself as I had time to do some tests  :)
So, almost any setting of the main voices is independent when doing track recording with the PSR-E463, meaning that tracks will sound exactly the way you hear while playing, and settings will be permanently recorded.

So for each voice (each track) you can record the following settings independently:
  • volume
  • sound modification (cutoff, resonance, attack, decay)
  • harmony/arpeggio type and volume (I assume arpeggio velocity and quantize as well however I didn’t test them)
  • octave shift
  • pan
  • reverb and chorus level

As explained in the manual, track 1 can also record:
  • sampled voices
  • DSP effect

The following settings are also recorded independently track by track when used during performance playing:
  • pitch bend effects
  • live sound modification with knobs

Now, the only parameters that are NOT permanently and independently recorded are (weirdly) the reverb and the chorus types. Meaning that any of the 5 tracks will need to have the same reverb and chorus *types*, however each track can have an independent *level* setting for both effects.

So that, incredible “little-workstation” features for this small beginner keyboard!...  :) :)