Author Topic: Saving and call up midi and audio togetger  (Read 9523 times)

Offline Ajag

Saving and call up midi and audio togetger
« on: May 26, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm baffle with saving a midi and audio file on my PSR S970
I've made a song on my Realband Daw, its part midi and audio.
How do I load it and save it on the PSR S970 for later play back ?
I normally work things out for myself, But this one has baffled me.
Any help or input on this will be welcome.
Thanks you for you time.

Alan.

Offline mikf

Re: Saving and call up midi and audio togetger
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »
Audio typically has to be saved on the USB drive on keyboards which have no large internal storage. I don’t have a 970 but think this would be the case for this keyboard. You can’t save it on the keyboard  but you can save it on the usb and play it back anytime.
Mike

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 07:22:52 PM »
Mikf: correct. Additionally, it is *only* 2 channel audio, so you can't even play back audio (like and Audio style or .wav multipad) while recording audio.

Ajag: You can load the midi into the PSRs970, and you can save the audio to a usb stick, but good luck getting them to sync (there's no built in functionality for that) *unless* you convert your wav files into an audio style, *then* you can sync

Keep in mind you also need to merge all channels of audio into a simple 2 channel (left right) audio file; the s970 being only 2 audio channels, it can't take simultaneous wav files, or play back while recording audio, or do overdubs. With Tyros/Genos/CSP, which are 4 channel audio, you can play back and record simultaneously (which allows for infinite ping pong recording)

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »
@Ajag
Hi Alan,

with Tyros models, Genos and PSR-SX600/700/900 you can start, stop or pause the currently loaded Audio song via SysEx commands (called "HDR Control" or "Audio Song Control"), which you can write into the MIDI file at the appropriate position. However, there is no synchronization between MIDI and Audio.

However, these SysEx commands are obviously MISSING in the PSR-S770/970/775/975 Data Lists. Probably therefore the described does NOT work with the S970.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:11:32 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Ajag

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »
Thanks every one for your comments.
I've found away around it. By converting all the arrangement into an MP3.
Play that back on the PSR S970. Then play along with it.
Most of my arrangement are 2 or 3 parts Audio, And 2 or 5 part midi.
The draw back is I can not reassign any of the midi sounds.
I will keep working on it and maybe find a way.
Thank you all again.
Alan