Author Topic: PSR S970 Registration Problem  (Read 2549 times)

Offline DallasW

PSR S970 Registration Problem
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
At 77 and after many years playing guitar I decided to buy a keyboard. Originally I thought the Yamaha SX600 would be suitable but was advised (not by anyone with a sales interest) that a PSR S770 or S970 would be a much better option.
After watching many hours of YouTube I purchased a S970 4 weeks ago.
I have been working through the excellent PSR tutorial but now have a problem deleting old registrations.
I have cleared all 8 banks but now I find ‘Church Organ’ in banks 1 and 2 and am unable to delete them, they don’t even appear on the screen where the others appeared prior to deletion.
I was warned there was a learning curve but all I want to do is be able to play.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
DallasW from Shropshire in the UK

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR S970 Registration Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 09:36:43 PM »
At 77 and after many years playing guitar I decided to buy a keyboard. Originally I thought the Yamaha SX600 would be suitable but was advised (not by anyone with a sales interest) that a PSR S770 or S970 would be a much better option.
After watching many hours of YouTube I purchased a S970 4 weeks ago.
I have been working through the excellent PSR tutorial but now have a problem deleting old registrations.
I have cleared all 8 banks but now I find ‘Church Organ’ in banks 1 and 2 and am unable to delete them, they don’t even appear on the screen where the others appeared prior to deletion.
I was warned there was a learning curve but all I want to do is be able to play.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
DallasW from Shropshire in the UK

The easiest solution is not to delete what's in the registration. Just memorize over it. That's what I do.

Also, it will be helpful to use terminology that others understand, so they can help you.

A single registration we refer to as a button. A "bank" is the complete set of 8 registrations that you can save in a file. Have you tried saving your registration bank to a file? It will open up a world of possibilities.

If you just want to play the keyboard, you can do so right after turning it on. But if you want the features of an arranger, like styles, voices, registrations, there's a learning curve. But it's well worth it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: DallasW

Offline overover

Re: PSR S970 Registration Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:59:31 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, DallasW!

If you have deleted all the settings (Registrations) saved on the Reg buttons 1 - 8 (in the REGISTRATION EDIT display) so that none of the reg buttons are lit, you can no longer call up any settings using the Reg buttons. (Refer to the S970 Reference Manual, page 83.)
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/downloads.html#product-tabs

The "Church Organ" Voice you mentioned must of course come from somewhere. You may have activated the "OTS LINK" function. Then when you switch the Style Main Variations A - D, the "associated" OTS (One Touch Setting) is automatically loaded (Main A > OTS 1, Main B > OTS 2, etc.).

Note: When using Registrations, the "OTS LINK" button should always be switched OFF. If necessary, you can of course call up the 4 OTS (on buttons 1 - 4) manually at any time. However, any previously activated Reg button is then deactivated, since the OTS settings are then loaded.

If your problem persists, please contact us again here. Then describe your previous approach in more detail.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: DallasW