Author Topic: Styles not linked to purchased registrations  (Read 4187 times)

Styles not linked to purchased registrations
« on: May 24, 2021, 05:57:01 PM »
I bought a volume of the AMAZING Classical magic arrangements from https://www.keytabarrangements.com/Classical-magic. They sound incredible, but I have to manually figure out what the style is by looking inside the registration info, and some of them have multiple styles. Do I need to move these styles and registrations all off the USB or something so that Genos knows where to find the styles associated with registrations?

Will also look on their website for the answer.

Offline overover

Re: Styles not linked to purchased registrations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
Hi SingerSongwriter,

the downloaded zip file has to be extracted (unzipped) first, and then the contained data must be copied to a well-defined location on the USB stick (usually into the Root directory of the USB stick). Otherwise the Registrations can't find the linked Styles.

There may be a ReadMe file with the downloaded data that tells you exactly where you have to copy the data. There are also tutorial videos:
>>> https://www.keytabarrangements.com/tutorial-videos

If the problems persist, you can find out the correct storage location of the Styles as follows:

- On the PC, open one of the Registration Bank files in a text editor. Open "Editor" ("Notepad") and drag an .rgt file into the Editor window to open it as text.

- Among the "cryptic" characters you will also find the names of the Style files used, including the complete file path in plain text.

- The drive letter I: means "USB1" on Genos (= the first connected USB stick). The drive letter J: means "USB2" on Genos (= the second connected USB stick). I recommend to use always only one USB stick at a time.

- Make sure that the Styles are exactly at the storage location that is given by the Style path in the Registration file.

Example:
In the .rgt file you found the Style path "I:/Name of a Folder/Name of a Subfolder/Name of a Style.sty". Then you have to ensure that the folder "Name of a Folder" is in the Root directory of the USB stick and the stick must be recognized as "USB1".

Please see also the attached picture!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:54:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: balcino

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 12:12:57 AM »
I have found the pathway to the folder by looking at the registration file as you say:
'I:/StylesFolder/StringAdagio.T560.prsGPm'

Have copied styles to both root and a folder called StylesFolder (as well as other names based on their video such as Key-TabStyles). No luck so far. Will try to move the directories on the USB and see if that works.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »
I have found the pathway to the folder by looking at the registration file as you say:

Have copied styles to both root and a folder called StylesFolder (as well as other names based on their video such as Key-TabStyles). No luck so far. Will try to move the directories on the USB and see if that works.

You don't need to create a plethora of folders. That's just going to be a waste of time. The registration is going to look in only one place, so you might as well concentrate on making sure the styles are in that place.

As you've been told, I: is USB1, and it needs a top-level folder called StylesFolder. Make sure it's got a style names StringAdagio.T560.prs (the GPm is just static from the registration).

The best thing to do is search for the style manually. Tap on the Style box, navigate to USB1 (not any other drive), then the StylesFolder which needs to appear immediately ensure it's not nested in any other folder, then StringAdagio. If you can't find it manually, the registration won't be able to find it either.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 01:17:07 AM »

Hi SingerSongwriter,

you should have received this folder called "StylesFolder" with the download. After unzipping the zip file on the computer, you only have to copy the mentioned folder containing the Styles directly into the Root directory of the USB stick (i.e. NOT into a folder already on the stick and NOT into an additional folder e.g. with the name of the original zip file).

Of course, you also have to copy the folder containing the Registration Bank files to the USB stick. But the exact location of the .rgt files is basically irrelevant. Only the Styles (and possibly the Multi Pads) have to be exactly at the location that is linked in the Registrations.

Also make sure that the stick on the Genos is really recognized as "USB1". If you have also connected a stick in the USB compartment on the bottom of the Genos, you have to temporarily remove this stick!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:22:35 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 04:46:56 AM »
Yay!!!  Got it working both on the USB and on the User memory!!! Thank you so much for the help.

These registrations are so amazing... are they any good libraries like these in other genres like jazz of any sort?

Offline Wim

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 05:59:21 PM »
If you really want your files in an other map, or want to see them like OverOver explained. Use the YRM programm. You have more possibilities than notepad. And you can easily change the path(s).
For a demo and how it works. More possibilties than only change path(s) for style take a look. The programm is also in English.
THe video explain everything in German. But YouTube traslation on.

https://styles-24.de/epages/ff46e5fa-0caf-4a2e-ae78-efc83c5c1922.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ff46e5fa-0caf-4a2e-ae78-efc83c5c1922/Categories/FAQ__Infos/YRM

Rgs.
Wim