Author Topic: Yamaha PSR-E463 Midi songs from USB flash  (Read 3917 times)

jko

Yamaha PSR-E463 Midi songs from USB flash
« on: May 24, 2021, 10:08:29 AM »
Hello. I want to ask about the Yamaha PSR-E463 how much maximum Midi songs can be played from USB flash. Is there a limit.

SeaGtGruff

Re: Yamaha PSR-E463 Midi songs from USB flash
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 06:21:59 PM »
I think I read somewhere that there's a limit of something like 250 files per folder, but I believe that was in regard to an older model, so I don't know if that's also true of the PSR-E463. You can store files in different folders, so even if the 250 file limit applies to the PSR-E463, you should still be able to fit more files on a drive by using multiple folders. The thing to do would be store some files on a drive to experiment and see, maybe naming them something easy to track, such as SONG001 through SONG299, so you can see which ones don't show up when you're browsing the drive for songs.

Mysteriouslog6

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 11:37:09 AM »
I think I read somewhere that there's a limit of something like 250 files per folder, but I believe that was in regard to an older model, so I don't know if that's also true of the PSR-E463. You can store files in different folders, so even if the 250 file limit applies to the PSR-E463, you should still be able to fit more files on a drive by using multiple folders. The thing to do would be store some files on a drive to experiment and see, maybe naming them something easy to track, such as SONG001 through SONG299, so you can see which ones don't show up when you're browsing the drive for songs.

Well the 250 file limit is about the number of files before the Keybaord stops detecting anymore files , these files not only include Midi Songs files but other files

So they are probably the same , I am also not sure if putting it in another folder is helpful

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 10:45:24 PM »
User recorded MIDI songs (10 max, SONG#31 to #40) are saved to USB flash drive along with other data (registrations, split point, etc...) in USRxxx folder(s) on USB drive. You can save as many USRxxx folders as you wish. But you can only load one USRxxx at a time and that contains upto 10 user MIDI songs.
If you copy MIDI songs from PC to an USB drive.  This keyboard will not recognize MIDI songs stored like this. Tried that, did not work.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770