Author Topic: PSR SX900  (Read 2435 times)

Offline faddario

PSR SX900
« on: May 23, 2021, 10:14:43 PM »
I am having trouble controlling volume of the music vs the vocals. if I increase volume  for dynamics I might create feedback because vocal mic volume grows also.

Is there a way to separate the 2? Can the 2 be out put to a PA system separately?

Appreciate the help

Frank

Offline beginpsrsx900

Re: PSR SX900
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 11:24:09 PM »
check equalizer on your psr sx900 for volume control
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

The following users thanked this post: overover, faddario

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 12:58:22 AM »
Hi Frank,

1) you can use a Volume Pedal (e.g. Yamaha FC7). Configure the Pedal so that the MIC Part is not affected.

2) When using a PA system, you can also use the SUB Outputs of the SX900: Set the "Sub1-2/AUX"  switch to "Sub1-2" position, and make sure to set ckeckmarks for MIC Part in the Sub1 and Sub2 columns. For all other Parts the checkmarks have to be set in the "Main" column. Press Exit to save the changed setting in the System Setup.

Note that a changed Line Out setting can NOT be saved globally. I recommend to save this setting in a Setup Registration (that you always load after powering on the SX900). To all other Registrations, in contrast, you should NOT memorize the Line Out settings. (If you would memorize the Line Out setting to ALL Registrations, it would be very time-consuming if you want to use a different Line Out setting later.)

You can also use the FREEZE function to lock the current Line Out settings temporarily: Press "Direct Access" and then the FREEZE button to call up the Freeze settings. Here tmake sure only the Line Out box is ticked. Ptess Exit button to save the changes. Press the FREEZE button (so that the lamp lights up). Now the Line Out setting cannot be chsnged by Registrations anymore.

3) I recommend to combine the options 1 and 2 as follows:

Set the Volume Pedal so that it only controls the "Right 1-3" Parts and use the Sub Outs 1 and 2 for the MIC signal (Stereo). It is best to use an external Mixer (using 2 Stereo Input channels or 4 Mono Input channels).

Note: Only the Insertion Effect and Vocal Harmony effects can be applied to the sound output from the SUB OUTPUT
jacks. The System Effect (Chorus, Reverb, and when the Variation Effect is set to “System”) will not be applied.

If the external mixer has built-in effects, you can add some reverb / delay to the MIC there if necessary.

By the way: There is even another (but more complex) option: You can connect the microphone directly to the external Mixer and send the MIC signal to the MIC input of the keyboard via an AUX send. The BALANCE control in the Vocal Harmony setting is set to the right stop so that only the Vocal Harmony signal is output via the Sub Outs, but not the original MIC signal ("Lead"). (Of course, an additional Mono Input is required on the external Mixer for this configuration.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:05:00 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Iurcuyo

Offline faddario

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 06:47:29 PM »
You rock brother. Thanks so much. Done!!!!

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »
You rock brother. Thanks so much. Done!!!!

Thanks for your kind feedback, Frank!

I'm glad to could help you!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)