Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

How to create 3-2 clave style?

(1/1)

SingerSongwriter:
Hi all,

Any tips on creating a style that "turns the clave around"? Most of the salsa and latin preset styles are 2-3 clave, but I need 3-2 for several songs. Basically I would cut off the first measure of any given 2-3 style so that it starts on the 3 side. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Alexa

ckobu:
Try to do this with Clear > Copy in Style Creator. Eventually shorten the Style as needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SingerSongwriter:
Wow thank you for the fast response!!!! I was able to follow your procedure for rhythm1 and rhythm2, but "execute" is grayed out for any other parts.

Also, I don't understand why I should change it to 8 bars as shown in the last picture.

But thank you SOOOO much, finally I am editing styles!!!

ckobu:
The field is gray because the style is factory locked. Unlock it using Style Unlocker. I hope it works because with some Style it can’t be done (I don’t know the reason).
https://youtu.be/dgyPbUpkLvE

The number 8 in the last image is random, but the arrow points to the field in which you will specify the number of bars in the style.

SingerSongwriter:
Oh wow this is amazingly helpful. I may not get to that point -- the preset style is playing in a way that (in my non-expert opinion) is slightly ambiguous as to clave. Making sure the rhythm parts are 3-2 is more important, and thanks to your instructions I have improved that. I also recorded a 3-2 clave part for the first time in the style so that will help too, as the only clave part I found was in the multipads and was 2-3.

I also was having trouble trying to record a bass part in style editor and the keys would only intermittently respond. Very strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version