Author Topic: Psr s970 convert midi to wav  (Read 716 times)

Offline gfraden

Psr s970 convert midi to wav
« on: February 08, 2024, 08:42:33 PM »
Hi, I need help. I have easily converted midi to wav on my s970 but now I can’t do it. I’ve done it many times but it’s been a while ago. I put the midi on the usb, went to usb audio player, pushed “files” but it is not recognized. I formatted the usb on the s970, still not recognized. Help, please!

Offline KurtAgain

Re: Psr s970 convert midi to wav
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 10:03:44 PM »
You push "Files" in the audio player to load and *play back* an audio file (wav or mp3). But if you want to convert from midi to wav you have to *record* an audio file:
1) Load your MIDI file.
2) Activate "Record" in the audio player.
3) Start the play back of the loaded MIDI file (MIDI Song).

Your MIDI song will be recorded as an wav file.

Offline gfraden

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 03:52:35 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I don’t know what step I’m missing. The midi is on the usb. When I press the usb button I a window opens up and I select song and the midi file is there. But when I go to usb audio player and click on files the midi doesn’t show. Instead I have folder .fseventsd with nothing in it and folder Spotlight-V100 with folder Store-V2 that has a folder and that has 2 pages of folders labeled journal.
I have no idea what’s going on. As I said, I’ve converted many midi to wave and it’s been very simple to do. I can’t figure out the glitch now.
Thanks for taking the time to ponder this.
George

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 04:47:07 PM »
When you press the "Files" button in Audio Player, only audio files (mp3 and wav) will be shown. That's the reason why you don't see MIDI files in that situation.

And it is not enough to load the MIDI file. You have to make an audio recording while the MIDI file actually plays.

I have to say that I own a PSR-S900 and the audio player of my S900 is different. So what I now write about the S970 is from the S970's manual.

Try this:
  • Load the MIDI file. (Chapter 3 in the user manual)
  • Open the Audio Player and start a recording. (Chapter 4 in the user manual)
  • Now start the play back of the MIDI file. (Chapter 3 in the user manual)
  • The Audio Player now records the play back of the MIDI file. When the MIDI file finished, stop the recording in the Audio Player. (Chapter 4 in the user manual)
  • When you stop the recording the Audio Player saves the recording with a generated file name. (Chapter 4 in the user manual)
  • Now press the FILES button of the Audio Player and select this generated audio file. (Chapter 4 in the user manual)
  • Start the play back of the audio file in the Audio Player. (Chapter 4 in the user manual)

I hope this helps. If not, maybe an owner of a S970 can help?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 04:52:15 PM by KurtAgain »

The following users thanked this post: kevin.dsouza

Offline gfraden

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 05:01:21 PM »
I finally got it, duh! Start record AND THEN play the midi song with “start” on the keyboard. I told you it was simple. It had been quite a while and I had just forgotten and was chasing down the rabbit hole.
Thanks for being patient with me and not just calling me a stupid jerk. I’ve always appreciated PSR tutorial and forum.
George