Author Topic: Style Drums not recording to midi  (Read 3071 times)

Offline repetedj

Style Drums not recording to midi
« on: May 15, 2021, 07:11:45 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to record a MIDI file using the style in the R&B button, 50s Rock&Roll on Page 1.

I play the song with the recording button on, all channels (1-16) set to REC along with the sync/start using Auto Accomp.  The Tyros records the midi fine with the intro, parts A B C D  and ending but the drums do not get recorded. The only thing I hear is a cymbal crash when changing parts A B C D. I do save the song at the end as well.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Offline DerekA

Re: Style Drums not recording to midi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 08:47:13 AM »
This style is one of the 40 or so on T5 which are "audio styles".

These styles use an audio clip for the percussion parts. These were supposed to sound better than midi tracks. But as many people have found, the drawback is the you cannot record these parts in a midi file. There is no workaround that wil let you record that audio part in midi.

Yamaha decided not to make more audio styles on genos, so while it can play them the genos has versions of these styles using the new Revo drum kits. You can get versions of the genos styles for T5 on this site, if you use that version it will record to midi.
Genos

Offline repetedj

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 04:52:40 AM »
DerekA,

Thanks for the help. Since there isn't a way to convert the audio to midi, I can now see why the drum parts are missing. I can see on the T5 style screen the +audio designation above the style name.

I will look for the Genos versions.

Thanks again.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »
Hi repetedj,
if it is not too much for you, you could replace(copy and paste) the audio drums of that style with similar midi drums from another style and re-record the song with your new saved style.

Each part replacement should be done individually:
Style A,Main A, drums 1 copy to Style B,Main A, drums 1
Style A,Fill in A, drums 1 copy to Style B,Fill in A, drums 1
etc.

Style Creator, style Assembly video for Tyros/PSR S/A 3000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgGatUmhVqw&t=2s

Just in case you cannot find the exact midi style.