Author Topic: My own registrations on T5  (Read 10723 times)

Offline adrianed

My own registrations on T5
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:27 PM »
Hi folks,
I am not expecting miracles but someone might have had this happen and resolved it
It’s happened to me twice
Actually I am looking for a miracle
I have many song registrations and set them on a USB using the front USB port on the keyboard,
Next I put many styles from from individual players on another USB and plugged it in the rear port
I matched many of the styles to my registrations and set them in memory one of a appropriate song bank
Theses matched up very well and played together just as expected For a couple of weeks
Doing this setup took me many hours
Yesterday I tried to play the registrations and the Styles are not running with the songs
I haven’t made any changes to either USB it just seems like the registrations have just dropped the styles
The first time it happened I concluded that I might have caused it myself by changing something but with this second setup I was very careful not to change anything
It would be handy if anyone might have an idea how to Re link up the styles and The reg again.
If I have to set them all up again I think I shall put the styles and the reg voices on the same USB To see if it is better , if anyone has a better idea I would be very grateful
It’s almost too big to do again over 500 registrations For a third time
Thanks in advance
Adrian

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:00:39 PM by adrianed »

Offline Toril S

Re: My own registrations on T5
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:01 PM »
Maybe the drive letters changed so the keyboard is confused. Try plugging the USB sticks  in different order.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:52:40 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline murrayb

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 11:28:45 PM »
Adrian:

My practice has been to keep the styles on the internal drive because the letter assigned to it never changes.  The registrations can be anywhere as they are not effected by the drive letter.

However, putting them on the same USB as the registrations will work if it's the only USB on the keyboard and you batch change the drive letter to I using my program.  But with the styles on the internal drive, it won't matter how many USB's are attached because the drive letter will always be the same E:

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline johan

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
You can load one of registrations in the Yamaha Registration Manager of Murray and then check the path for the style. You can then adapt the registration on your keyboard so that the style is correctly found. Then you examine the style path again in Murray's tool and you will see where the problem is. I think you can use Murray’s tool in batch to do the correction to all your registrations at once. I furthermore agree with Murray: best is to copy the styles to your internal drive first.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline adrianed

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:52 PM »
Hi Toril S,
Thankyou for the suggestion to reverse the USB,s
That was the miracle I needed, it worked, I couldn’t believe my luck
You made my day, thankyou
Adrian
PS they should have tried rearranging the furniture on the Titanic after all

Offline adrianed

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 10:53:32 PM »
Thankyou Murray
As you say I should have put the Styles on the internal drive
When I started making registrations I didn’t know how many there would be and also I didn’t know how many styles the internal drive would hold
I will check how many styles the drive will hold and if it holds them all I will copy and paste them to it see if I can change my system without doing them all again
Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 11:02:26 PM »
Hi johan,
Your tips on tracking the styles is very interesting thankyou for the advice
I was very lucky this time by Toril S pointing me to the problem
I have learned a good lesson this time that I won’t forget from Toril Murray and yourself
Thankyou again
Adrian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 11:43:21 PM »
You have a 500Gb hard drive in Tyros 5 which you will never fill up.
I always place the styles I use in my registrations into the same folder on my hard drive then they are always easy to find.

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 12:51:48 AM »
Adrian
Registrations are very small files, and even styles are not big. They take take hardly any memory space.   
Mike

Offline adrianed

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 08:20:21 AM »
Thankyou Eileen,
From now on I shall use the internal HD for the Styles I use for setting up registrations.
For some misguided reason I have kept the Keyboard drive empty
I have thought that it is safer to have things Stored on drives that I could easier protect from losing their contents By doing duplicates
Being over cautious has caused me trouble
Thankyou for your interest and help
Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 08:26:46 AM »
Thankyou Mike,
So good to get help when it’s  needed
It will be a sad day when Joe decides to shut the site down
Adrian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
Adrian, glad your problem is solved😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 10:30:53 PM »
Hi Adrian,
  It is quite easy to back up your hard drive on your computer from time to time and a good idea to do so.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 11:12:50 PM »
Thankyou Eileen,
I note It has been mentioned Not to put the regIstrations on the keyboard hard drive as well as the styles
If the drive is 500 GB as you say what could be the problem with having the styles and the associated or linked registrations on this drive also, In separate folders Of course, is it perhaps a difficulty in carrying out the process of Setting them up On this same drive ?
I expect to have more than a thousand registrations eventually and it would still have the linked styles on the drive
Your recommendations would be appreciated
Adrian

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:38:35 PM by adrianed »

Offline adrianed

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 11:30:41 PM »
Hi Toril S
Your few words were super, they saved me many hours of doing the registrations again After only two or three weeks after I had done  them from the previous loss
You mentioning about the drive letters changing has alerted me to the problem
I have been using and repairing the household computers for about 23 years and have noticed that computers change the drive letter sometimes when hard drives are removed or refitted but I didn’t twig on about It happening to the keyboard
Adrian

Offline mikf

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 12:30:09 AM »
I don’t see any problem having the styles and registrations on the same hard drive, in fact it would be normal and then if you back it up to another device the links are preserved.
Mike

Offline adrianed

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 08:33:58 AM »
Mike, that is what I was thinking
It Would be easy then to Back up and look after the whole thing at the same time
Just wasn’t sure, can’t afford to get it wrong.
Thankyou

Offline Toril S

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 09:29:12 PM »
 No problem as long as you back up regularly! I really like the big hard drive on the Tyros :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.