Author Topic: Tyros 5 Internet connecyion  (Read 3133 times)

Tyros 5 Internet connecyion
« on: May 08, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »
Hi,

I've just bought a Tyros 5 76 and am wondering if it is worth connecting to the Internet these days as IDC is no longer up.

Thanks in advance, Stephen
Yamaha DGX670

Offline RONBO

Re: Tyros 5 Internet connecyion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 05:05:13 PM »
Hello Steven,

I hooked mine up when I bought it two years ago thinking there was going to be an exciting new world full of wonderful things .

Other than showing the time of day on the main page the connection has been a disappointment and really not useful at all.

You can, however, attach your tyros to a computer to download expansion packs from the internet.

Best regards,

Ron

PS. Welcome to the forum; there are many knowledgable people here to help you discover the great features of Tyros 5
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »
Hi,

I've just bought a Tyros 5 76 and am wondering if it is worth connecting to the Internet these days as IDC is no longer up.

Thanks in advance, Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Tyros5 cannot be connected directly to the internet. Earlier models had the IDC functionality, but the Yamaha IDC websites are no longer available, so these days you can't do anything with this feature, not even on older models.

You can use the (usually bundled) Wireless LAN USB adapter "UD-WL01" to connect the Tyros5 to your local WiFi network (in the so-called "Infrastructure Mode"). This can be used for installing Expansion content on the T5 from the Expansion Manager program (YEM) which is installed on your computer. You can also exchange MIDI data via the WLAN adapter (with devices that are connected to your local network).

Another option using the "Access Point Mode" to connect a certain device (e.g. an iPad) wirelessly to the T5. This connection can be used for MIDI or wireless Audio Input (instead of the AUX IN sockets).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:33:16 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:13:12 AM »
Thanks, so not really worth if I think! I am happy using YEM on the laptop and exporting to USB and then installing. I have installed all the packs I want in one lump so far,  so no need to do again for a while unless any new ones come out.

Cheers,

Stephen
Yamaha DGX670

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 04:41:08 PM »
Good to hear that you have downloaded all the available expansion packs that you want or need.

All the best.

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos