Author Topic: Create your own Super Articulation voice??  (Read 3405 times)

Offline DavidGX

Create your own Super Articulation voice??
« on: May 07, 2021, 05:38:21 PM »
I don't know if I'm trying to invent the wheel or it already exists. I am an old user of the PSR-730, however, I like digital pianos. A long time ago I started using DGX (top line), then FP (Roland), but I have always followed the evolution of Yamaha keyboards. A month ago I bought the SX600 and I was happy to see that it has MV and SA voices, I already programmed some styles and midis, then the question came up in Expansion Manager: why does this just let me create "Normal Voices"

Immediately I activated my "curious" mode and see how the Expansion Manager works, after two days I managed to create my own SA voice, but then I thought, will it be if someone has already done it and is there software for that?

I am in the initial stage, I am still learning to see how the parameters of SA voice work, but I believe that I will have good results.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:53:44 PM by DavidGX »

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Re: Create your own Super Articulation voice??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 07:17:52 PM »
I don't know if I'm trying to invent the wheel or it already exists. I am an old user of the PSR-730, however, I like digital pianos. A long time ago I started using DGX (top line), then FP (Roland), but I have always followed the evolution of Yamaha keyboards. A month ago I bought the SX600 and I was happy to see that it has MV and SA voices, I already programmed some styles and midis, then the question came up in Expansion Manager: why does this just let me create "Normal Voices"

Immediately I activated my "curious" mode and see how the Expansion Manager works, after two days I managed to create my own SA voice, but then I thought, will it be if someone has already done it and is there software for that?

I am in the initial stage, I am still learning to see how the parameters of SA voice work, but I believe that I will have good results.

I am very interested in this topic. Can you share more information or maybe do a tutorial please?

Offline DavidGX

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 07:50:50 PM »
I am very interested in this topic. Can you share more information or maybe do a tutorial please?

Of course, I need to organize the process and I'm still learning how to use the SA voices settings, there is a long way to go. But once everything is resolved, I even think about creating software to automate the process, there are many things to do.

Things I have already achieved:

- Voice sound (at first I was able to create the SA voice but no sound)
- Press the voice DEMO button and listen to something.
- Assaign a Velocity conversion table
- Lock the voice (Not by the easy way, I was able to lock as Yamaha does).

Things I want to achieve:

- Use pedal 2 to trigger a sound.
- Use modulation well  to enable SA functions.

Worrying things:
- There is uTG in SA voices, I don't know yet what a uTG file does because it has wave files in common format as well. I may be mistaken, but I believe that this uTG acts as an additional layer.

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:45:27 PM »
Of course, I need to organize the process and I'm still learning how to use the SA voices settings, there is a long way to go. But once everything is resolved, I even think about creating software to automate the process, there are many things to do.

Things I have already achieved:

- Voice sound (at first I was able to create the SA voice but no sound)
- Press the voice DEMO button and listen to something.
- Assaign a Velocity conversion table
- Lock the voice (Not by the easy way, I was able to lock as Yamaha does).

Things I want to achieve:

- Use pedal 2 to trigger a sound.
- Use modulation well  to enable SA functions.

Worrying things:
- There is uTG in SA voices, I don't know yet what a uTG file does because it has wave files in common format as well. I may be mistaken, but I believe that this uTG acts as an additional layer.

Thank you I want to create a more realistic saxophone sound, because for example on my PSR S970 the soprano sax voice is very old and it’s a sweet voice (Not SA) and I don’t like it. I’m also interested in MegaVoices.

Offline Petik

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 04:00:23 PM »
good day.  how did you manage to create SA voice can you share the information.  Did you do it in yem or some other program?

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »
Please share the information  :(